Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
No one is sure as of right now. There have been rumors that it will come out during summer, after summer, soon, lol. As for price, there are currently rumors floating around that it will be ~$300-320.

Honestly, this generation's pricing is so messed up thanks to amd gouging consumers while NVIDIA didn't have any new cards out. Prices started out high and are going to take a long time to come back down, especially with demand so high that NVIDIA can't even get enough supply to market.

As long as there isn't enough supply, prices will remain higher than usual.

·
Premium Member
12,389 Posts
Honest question, why are you excited? May as well just buy a GTX580 lol.

Before 680 is released, people are excited for it.

Once 680 is released, people are excited for 670.

Once 670 is released people are excited for the 660 ti... once it gets to this point the boost in performance is not that much higher above a 580. Stupid.

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinru View Post

No one is sure as of right now. There have been rumors that it will come out during summer, after summer, soon, lol. As for price, there are currently rumors floating around that it will be ~$300-320.
Honestly, this generation's pricing is so messed up thanks to amd gouging consumers while NVIDIA didn't have any new cards out. Prices started out high and are going to take a long time to come back down, especially with demand so high that NVIDIA can't even get enough supply to market.
As long as there isn't enough supply, prices will remain higher than usual.
Great, do you think 660ti will be priced somewhere betwen 250€? On christmas day?
I'm just hoping that prices will drop in the store that i'm buying things from :/

·
Registered
1,254 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm View Post

Once 670 is released people are excited for the 660 ti... once it gets to this point the boost in performance is not that much higher above a 580. Stupid.
I wish i was living in USA, GTX 580 cost over 400€ in our country 400 € = 516.96 U.S. dollars
Now lets take a look at newegg GTX 580

360$ - 360 U.S. dollars = 278.551532 Euros
after mail rebate
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814162092

Yeah, i'm so jealous, here in Europe best for 280€ you can get is GTX 560ti 448

·
Registered
17 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm View Post

Because a 580 is old, worse architecture, eats a tons more watts, the driver software will stay updated longer for the 6xx series. You know for like every damn reason people to continue to buy new generation PC hardware. Someone woke up and had herp derp and milk for breakfast.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts