Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
446 Posts
ROFL, did you have someone ready with a camera and set it up like that?

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
OMG THATS WHAT AHPPENED TO ME! BUT I WAS TOUCHING IT! kinda felt a wee shock.. scared the S*** right outta me lol

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Something in that PSU had melted and I soldered it back together....

My friend was expecting an explosion...hence he had a camera and that is a still frame from a video. And I had goggles hence why I'm holding my face LOL.

It was an ancient PSU...>200W.

See my 1337 solder skills

·
Premium Member
6,355 Posts
ROFL lol when i did it some wire i hadnt anticipated came back and hit some metal... it like melted the metal parts scary as HELL hot too lol...i was seeing spots for a while...no goggles...mine wasnt planned lol than after words i took the sucka apart lol

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

dude that's freakin awesome!!!! hopefully tomorrow i'll do the same to my old psu. btw, anymore pics?

Guys although it seems cool, you should not be tryin to destroy your old parts in a manner that could hurt you.

I recommed doing as I do with my old parts, use them to build computers and donate them to a local organization to be given to the poor.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by mfillpot

Guys although it seems cool, you should not be tryin to destroy your old parts in a manner that could hurt you.

I recommed doing as I do with my old parts, use them to build computers and donate them to a local organization to be given to the poor.

dude if someone donated a 400w powmax psu to me... i'd hunt him down. that's why it must be destroyed lol.

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Transonic

dude if someone donated a 400w powmax psu to me... i'd hunt him down. that's why it must be destroyed lol.

Then if you feel that you cannot donate a parts bring it to a designated computer recycling/destruction facility. Even though it looks cool, destroying your components in that matter is not safe and should not be portraid as a good action.

Sorry about being the letdown, but as a parent/adult/moderator I must care for your safety and give the necessary warnings.

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Things like this that occur by accident should be taken as a warning by the lucky survivors and anyone else reading this thread.

Messing with PSU's is about the most stupid thing you can do, especially when you are purposely trying to get them to explode.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Things like this that occur by accident should be taken as a warning by the lucky survivors and anyone else reading this thread.

Messing with PSU's is about the most stupid thing you can do, especially when you are purposely trying to get them to explode.
6 Hours Ago 01:38 AM

Yes, I guess somebody who knows electricity like me should not really be trying to melt 5,000 farad capacitors (ok not THAT much)...

That's the only pic I have since I didn't take them. I don't think my friend took any more (same guy who has the cardboardghettoputer iin jokes and humor) I'll check. However

DONT TRY THIS @ HOME OR ELSWEHERE

·
Banned
1,057 Posts

6 Hours Ago 01:38 AM

person who said that. shhhadup its fun! granted the shock can kill you

1 - 20 of 29 Posts