Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
lol, ya dont listen to the amd guy ya stay under 1.55volts and i would wait untill you get better cooling,and u could lapp the IHS and heasink u gave now and lower the temps about 5-7c and that will let u push a little further, get a TT big typhoon and youll be able to get to about 4.7ish... but keep OC untill u either hit 60c load or it becomes unstable, i wouldnt go over 60c load just to be safe....

EDIT: i see u have a xp-90... lapp that and the ihs and use as5 and ull see some better temps, and unless u get water cooling and stay under 45load dont beak 1.55vcore

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Do you really need 1.5? have you tried lowering it down? I would stop until you get those temps under control. I know they are not maxed out, but better to be safe than sorry. I really don't think you need 1.5 though, try lowering it.

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jrabb1920

I use a typhoon and @4.4ghz full loaded is 42c.

well arent u special! i use a stock hsf and im at 56load at 3.7 ghz...LOL beat that!
oh and it has like a 15cfm fan on it...if that LOL weakness...

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aqualan

Do you really need 1.5? have you tried lowering it down? I would stop until you get those temps under control. I know they are not maxed out, but better to be safe than sorry. I really don't think you need 1.5 though, try lowering it.

I agree. I wonder if you need anything at all like 1.5V. My wife's 630 3.0Ghz @ 4.02GHz is running at 1.35V

R

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
my 640 is running at 1.365 in bios 1.264 in cpuz and i'm stable at 4.10 with 45°c temps.(with TTBT)

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
so everyone thinks the vcore is high, lower it to around 1.4ish and that will lower the temps some too if it runs stable at that speed,then u can oc further from there....you should only up the vcore AS NEEDED.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
It's not what GHZ you are at, it's percentage oc'd. You are not that far..I'm 3.2-4.10 which is .9ghz. You are 3.8-4.5 which is.7ghz.

·
Premium Member
7,862 Posts
You can put your VCore up to 1.75 if you wish. Thats what mines at, OC'ed 1 gig to 3.390. I'm running temps of 35 idle and 45 load with no case fans (I KNOW). Vcore should exceed 1.6 imo.

btw im oc'ed almost 40% on my 2.4B

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Did you go from stock vcore to 1.5 in one shot? You need to test in small increments(SMALL).

·
Premium Member
5,809 Posts
ya but u started at 3.8ghz,they started at 3.2-3.4, isnt your stock voltage like 1.32? did u just jump from stock to 1.5 or did u take it up in small incraments as need while OCing

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
beat ya to it...lol

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kopi

You can put your VCore up to 1.75 if you wish. Thats what mines at, OC'ed 1 gig to 3.390. I'm running temps of 35 idle and 45 load with no case fans (I KNOW). Vcore should exceed 1.6 imo.

btw im oc'ed almost 40% on my 2.4B

You have a different processor. Your advice if taken would damage his cpu for certain. You have a Northwood and his is a Prescott (570/670/671). It is also a newer iteration Prescott with even lower voltage requirements than the first (E) Prescotts in which your advice still would damage the processor.

This is not a flame however if I were you I would be careful with advice until you either learn a bit more or read a bit better.

R

1 - 20 of 27 Posts