Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So when will it be a reasonable time for my to upgrade my system for gaming. I hear dual core is all you need as of now (Considering I don't encode or photo edit)

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
Agreed.

The only thing that I could think of would be a 24" full-hd screen for example. But really though, you are fine.

·
Premium Member
3,463 Posts
Your system looks pretty solid for gaming.

If I were you (assuming you wanted to upgrade something) I would put money into a new sound system for either your PC or TV (again assuming what you already have isn't great!
)

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
that is a pretty solid gaming rig you have. the only things i would consider upgrading are the gpu's (dual 5870's!), add some more ram, and possibly an ssd or two if you really want to take it to the limit. otherwise i think you are running just fine.

·
Registered
4,821 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
+ reps. Thanks!

·
Registered
974 Posts
Well. From what I can see here, your CPU/Motherboard is okay, but about your GPU, you might want to look at some DX11 GPUs after NVIDIA/ATI start to produce their cards again in Q1/2010. GTX300 and 5*** will be back on the market again. That should last you for two years or so (Depending on what you're doing, for gaming, that's right)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts