Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i want to purchase a 5870 do you think its worth it? well i get a performance increase from the 2 9800gx2 Quad SLI that i have now?? where can i purchase it from?? thanks

·
Premium Member
21,169 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by detroitpc313
View Post

i want to purchase a 5870 do you think its worth it? well i get a performance increase from the 2 9800gx2 Quad SLI that i have now?? where can i purchase it from?? thanks

I'd be surprised if you got much better performance than your 9800GX2's, but you will have a number of other advantages, the biggest of which being power consumption and heat output. You also will be able to use DX10.1 and DX11. Folding would be a nightmare, though, at least until the new clients come out.

They're extremely difficult to find right now because of the shortages dealing with TSMC's yield issues. You just have to keep watching sites like Newegg and Zipzoomfly. If you watch OCN, usually people will post when they find them in stock somewhere.

·
Registered
473 Posts
I'm not sure about performance increase but there is definitely going to be lesser heat output and way lesser power consumption. And you will be able to overclock way higher.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
im stuped to lol
i am curious on how those 4 9800s in game performance is.

can you give us some benchmarks and pics

1 - 5 of 5 Posts