Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
as far as tubing goes -- like tygon i guess -

can i get it at home depot? or do i have to buy online?

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
U can get regular tubng at homedet, but for good stuff, only online has it

·
Registered
965 Posts
As long as your not going over 1/2" inner diameter (who does) then I think the home depot/lowes stuff is just fine..

3/4" ID was way to thick to bend, but 1/2" makes plenty good bends..

Just make sure you get good quality ****... My first time buying 1/2" hoses I got the end of the line, and it was all flat and mashed and kinked =\\, every bend I tried to make with it, it kinked..
Then I went back a few days later and they got a new spool, and I got some perfect hose, and it bends just fine

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
auto zone, schucks auto supply, cut rate auto supply, home depot, lowes, etc... lots of automotive stores, maybe even general hardware stores, will sell the same quality stuff and they wont try to rip you off by claiming its different then the tubing youll find online

youll most likely find any color tubing also... lots of mod kits for cars that utilize very similar parts, if not the same, as computers they come in every color imaginable... only difference for some of the stuff online is the fact that you dont need a car battery sitting next to your comp...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Towlieee

As long as your not going over 1/2" inner diameter (who does) then I think the home depot/lowes stuff is just fine..

Just make sure you get good quality ****... My first time buying 1/2" hoses I got the end of the line, and it was all flat and mashed and kinked =\\, every bend I tried to make with it, it kinked..
Then I went back a few days later and they got a new spool, and I got some perfect hose, and it bends just fine

good gracious -- i am talking 3/8ID...1/2ID is even too big for me!

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

now what about barbs??? is this an online must, or do stores have them? for water blocks that is?

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
now what about barbs??? is this an online must, or do stores have them? for water blocks that is?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Ya hardware stores have them

I'd suggest plastic onces since they seem to be slightly bigger...

All my metal barbs leak without clamps on them, but the plastic ones done leak.. I think its a tighter fit

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
metal expands with heat and contracts with cold... metal barbs offer a much smoother surface for water to leak and seep through, the plastic barbs will not experience nearly as much expansion or contraction when exposed to water... of course plastic is more vulnerable to temperature variation, duh itll melt...
, but water will not have as strong effect on it

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Ya hardware stores have them

I'd suggest plastic onces since they seem to be slightly bigger...

All my metal barbs leak without clamps on them, but the plastic ones done leak.. I think its a tighter fit
so you are telling me to use plastic barbs for my water block??

i have never seen that before???

but either at the car stores or hardware, will sell either plastic and metal hu?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts