Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Banned
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live in falls church, va, 22046 which is about 10 minutes from DC. i need to find somewhere LOCAL where i can buy woofers and tweeters, midrange and fullrange speakers without having to buy home audio speakers and ripping the speakers out because i'm going to start building speakers of my own. i have 2 logitech satelite speakers from the z5500 system i will use for midrange. i plan on buying 2 decent tweeters, 2 decent woofers from SOMEHWERE near me so i can build an enclosure out of MDF woof and sand it then either veneer it or put lacquer on it and paint it with flat black paint then some clear coats or something. this is going to be my first DIY audio project and i plan on making a threat about it. best buy and radioshack only have car audio speakers which i dont really want to put in my bookshelves but will it sound bad if i use car audio parts because i WILL if no one helps me find home audio speakers i can use for DiY purposes. i will need help[ building crossovers btw some time sooner or later as well. i will also need to find some sort of banana plug post thing i can hook up to the speaker inputs and crossover to make it pro looking and easy to use.

·
Banned
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by computeruler
View Post

You probably won't have much luck locally. And I would plan on using better quality drivers than logitech.

the z5500 is alright for a midrange imo. these speakers arent meant for top quality, they are meant for practice and garbage logitech drivers which are free seem like economically a good idea. also, i lucked out because my friends dad gave me some polk audio 6.5 inch woofers and some weird plastic ok looking tweeters for free. i gaurentee these will sound better than bose when i'm done lol. i'm going to buy my friends NAD receiver for $200 as well

1 - 4 of 4 Posts