Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Banned
151 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm personally quite fond of Monarch Computer. I've heard a lot of people say that Monarch sells CPUs with the best steppings (I can't argue; I got my 3700 Sandy up to 3GHz). Where do you guys like to buy your CPUs?

·
Registered
1,314 Posts
monarch as well for me, just got a few CAB2E 144s for $150. For other equipment I usually shy away from monarch and go newegg for thier prices and utility of thier site

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by stupid

monarch as well for me, just got a few CAB2E 144s for $150. For other equipment I usually shy away from monarch and go newegg for thier prices and utility of thier site

From back in the day when it came to the amd mobile cpus I preferred both Monarch and Mwave for they USUALLY had the better stepping cores as Newegg was very random picks....All three are good reliable places though when it comes to all products as Newegg sometimes is faster and only a couple dollars more on most things but shipping is most of the time cheaper so all-in-all you still are the same price for each place...when it comes to hardware and such like optical drives, HDDs, cases, video cards I want to order all from one place so I look normally at Newegg 1st and Mwave 2nd and look at total cost and go with the cheaper of the 2....That way everything comes together and not a little here and a little there...

·
Registered
434 Posts
We're stuck with NCIX pretty much up here in Canada (not that it's a bad thing). No way in hell I'm using TigerDirect again.

If the prices at ZipZoomFly or CanadaComputers are good though (big enough difference compared to NCIX) I'll order from there.

·
Premium Member
6,424 Posts
Hmm.. I would buy from most of the site that are memntioned on this fourm such as the egg, monarch,zipzoomfly,ewiz and probably a couple of others I can't remember.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
Everything I bought is from newegg.

·
Premium Member
10,811 Posts
I'm planning on getting my x2 3800+ from NewEgg.. it's dropped from $320 something to $300 in less than a month...

·
Banned
3,515 Posts
I usually buy my stuff from Newegg.com, really fast shipping, pretty good prices (usually). I don't shop around too much for things, unless I can't find em on newegg (like cooling equipment). I just trust Newegg.com, I know they aren't going to rip me off like someone on ebay. Also, the Newegg.com site is easy to browse through, unlike Tigerdirect.com (which is really poorly laid out). I've never gotten a DOA from Newegg.com before sooo... Yeah, I buy my CPU's from newegg... Or Fry's.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Seems like 99% of the time Newegg is the best price, and their service is undeniably the best, by far. TigerDirect is run by idiots I think.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts