Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been lookin at this for weeks now: http://www.turtlebeach.com/products/...-force-z2.aspx

I really want to know where it matches up against headsets (need a built in mic for the ability to use the mic not only for pc, but also for xbox live chat, unless there's a way to use chat on a stand alone mic along with headphones, maybe a 2.5mm to 3.5mm cable). I'm also going to be getting a usb sound card (want with with virtual surround capability for stereo headphones, and the ability to adapt the audio output to optical, so I can use an Earforce DSS or Astro Mixamp in the future). But the main purpose of the USB soundcard will be to hear/talk in vent with my headset, and to hear my game through my speakers.

I want to know how it matches up against any good headsets, and feel free to tell me where they place among dedicated headphones without a mic, good comparison headsets/headphones would be like the Sennheiser HD 555/Razer Carcharias (they both use the same drivers), or the Sennheiser HD 595/Audio Technica AD 700/JVC HA-RX900 Headphones, since I know that many people on this site own them. I personally am taking my first step into high grade headphones, because other than my crappy standard xbox live chat headset (which broke a couple months ago, it must be my fifth or sixth one). As for pc, all I have been using for years now, is some crappy logitech headset which at this point, I use strictly for talking, while I listen to vent on my speakers, (sound is starting to go in the headphones). Right now my budget is at $130 and I require the following: a good quality headset that will work just fine with xbox 360 (don't mind getting a 2.5mm-2.5mm "talkback cable"), meaning that it is capable of letting me talk on xbox live chat while hearing people talk through my headset, and to have the option to either hear the game through the tv or headphones. My budget will go up to $360 next Friday (if I don't buy anything), which I understand would make the x41 available, but I still don't trust that headset because of issues with knocking out the wireless signal (my 360 may need to be wireless, though my pc is wired, also other people in my house use wireless). I also understand it would allow me to look at an array of high grade audiophile headphones, which is why I need to know if a standalone mic+headphone setup would work on the xbox 360.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
I used the Z2 at PAX and was very happy with how it sounded--especially with Turtlebeach's surround sound dongle (the Earforce DSS). The sound quality and comfort were both excellent. Construction-wise, it's made of plastic, but still seemed to feel quite durable.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:



Originally Posted by HypeNotiq
View Post

I used the Z2 at PAX and was very happy with how it sounded--especially with Turtlebeach's surround sound dongle (the Earforce DSS). The sound quality and comfort were both excellent. Construction-wise, it's made of plastic, but still seemed to feel quite durable.

Nice, I'm wearing it now (easily compatible with xbox 360), should I stick with this for the PC as well or do you think a headset like the

ATH AD-900 ATH AD-900
will be a significant upgrade?
 

·
Legacy Member
Joined
·
2,246 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonnieos View Post
Nice, I'm wearing it now (easily compatible with xbox 360), should I stick with this for the PC as well or do you think a headset like the ATH AD-900 will be a significant upgrade?
Yes I believe it would be an upgrade. It really depends on what you want out of the headset. If you want the high grade audio production then the ATH AD900s are an excellent headset.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1 Posts
Quote:
I require the following: a good quality headset that will work just fine with xbox 360 (don't mind getting a 2.5mm-2.5mm "talkback cable"), meaning that it is capable of letting me talk on xbox live chat while hearing people talk through my headset, and to have the option to either hear the game through the tv or headphones.
How exactly do you get the sound of voices only to play through the headset, and the game sound to play through your speakers? I already have a surround sound system, and I want it to play the game sound, with the voices going to the headphones. Do I need the DSS?

And just so I'm not totally hijacking your thread: I have the Z2 headset, and the sound on it is pretty good, it feels rather sturdy, and it's quite comfortable. Though I haven't spent enough time with it to recommend it fully, at a glance I'd say it's pretty nice for the price. But if you have the scratch to get something better, I say go for it.
 
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Top