Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, new member however have been to your forums several times over the last year.

I am somewhat computer savvy having a comp. business for 6 years, but that was sometime ago. Now all as knowledgeable on the new equip and such beings I'm not directly in the business anymore. BUT, PC's is a very important component to my greatest hobby, On-line gaming.

So, you can see my equipment below, I trust. I have been searching in vain to try to find min-max and optimal operating temps for my cpu, motherboard (ambient), my vid card and my HD. Please, if anyone has any suggestions?

Another issue, HP tells me the mobo below but MSI lists no such model, HP swares this is it. LOL Just can't figure out if it is correct how come MSI doesn't know it?

Any way, thanks all, glad to be apart of the community and I hope I can lend some help to the members. Latter on!

·
Premium Member
4,325 Posts
Your temps should be around 55-60c at the most on your CPU. Your chipset temp you really shouldn't have to worry about because it doesn't really need any voltage adjustments. Video cards can get pretty hot upwards of 90c and still be ok, however if your nitpicky (like I happen to be) I get a little freaked out if it exceeds 70c. I'm not sure about the HD temps, so hopefully someone else will be able to help you out there.

BTW,

Welcome,

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Than you Chim3ra I appreciate the information. It has been very helpful. I'll let you know if I can find the HD info.

By the way I am using Speedfan to monitor and auto adjust fans speeds, is this a good program to use or do you have any other suggestions.

I am also concerned about my power supply. I have replaced my stock fan with a Thermaltake TurboFlo Max CFM 75 @ 4800rpm. I took my stock 120mm fan and mounted to my side panel directly over my HD and had it set up to bring fresh air in and blow towards HD. I know, cheep way to cool HD and Vid card. Anyway, my vid card failed, I disconnected the Stock fan and all was well. Thought maybe I taxed the power supply to the vid card. Any thoughts??

Oh yeah, I see mention of getting into bio's to change timmings etc. I have but see nothing pertaining to this. What do I do? I have Phoenix Bios

Thanks again, especially for the WELCOME.

·
Premium Member
14,732 Posts
I think you have the MSI Neo4 series. Is it possible for you to post a pic of it? Btw, since you're a gamer, one of your next upgrades should be a sound card. You'll not only gain more ambient sounds (EAX extensions), but also take a little strain off of your cpu.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sccr64472

I think you have the MSI Neo4 series. Is it possible for you to post a pic of it? Btw, since you're a gamer, one of your next upgrades should be a sound card. You'll not only gain more ambient sounds (EAX extensions), but also take a little strain off of your cpu.

Thanks, I will see if there is a way to get you a pic. HP insists that they have the right model number listed. Go figure. Thanks for the sound card idea, didn't realize that onboard would take away from cpu. I have a audigy but have not put it in this computer, figured I'd save on the wattage and heat.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts