Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,459 Posts
Installing it on the bottom can help bring cooler air to your GPU.

Installing it on the top will help vent out the warmer air that rises near the CPU/RAM.

Your call.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
If CPU sink is facing north(up) install fan on top.
If cpu sink faces west(toward rear of case) put fan on back of case.
If cpu sink faces east in the morning, turn it north.
If cpu sink faces south, put fan on the north

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have mine facing towards the front of the case...also I still have the stock fan for the back slot.

Edit: Just installed GPU-Z, fan speed is at 20% and my GPU temperature is 77 degrees. Is that too hot?

·
Registered
590 Posts
The side fan will get you plenty of air to the video card, put the other fan on the front as an intake, or on the top slightly offset of the cpu so the cooler isn't blocking the suction to exhaust the hot air out of the case.

77 degrees is way too hot for Idle temps and a little warm for load temps.

·
Registered
828 Posts
having one on the bottem sucks up all the dust and dog hair off the ground, so i say put it in the top. with my cm690 i have 2 fans in the top, 1 on the door, one on the front, the normal back fan and my psu is upsidedown and it has dog hair poking out of its small fan, when i blew out all the dust in my computer my psu had so much in it...

·
Registered
2,087 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Didn't actually shave 8 degrees off, more like 4-5, because I shut my PC off during POST because one of my cables was hitting a fan and it underclocked itself until I went in the BIOS and exited & saved. Do I have a good fan placement? I have the two new fans both on the left blowing in (if you have a CM690 you know one is pointing directly at the motherboard/CPU and the other at the CPU/PCI slots) and I moved the stock one that was on the left to the top left blowing air out.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have one 140mm on bottom, one on back, took the one from side panel and add it to my accelero, my card since then never gets over 48 and it`s overclocked, on stock it was around 70...My CPU is abit higher, if Prime is running is hitting 60degrees, but it never cames to it when i`m gaming or so, so i`m not worried that much(usually max 55 for few seconds).

1 - 9 of 9 Posts