Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127;15294298
Microcenter currently only has the fx-6100. The fx-8150 comes up, but says "sorry, product no longer available".
Just called Microcenter. They say they will have FX-8150 next Wednesday to Friday.

·
Premium Member
9,896 Posts
Gotcha, thanks for the update, I was thinking about picking up a 8120 just to play with.

Hopefully the microcenter price will come down slightly next Tuesday. I did notice they lowered the price of the 8150 down to 259, but usually they price their CPU's a good $30 below TD, or newegg.

·
Registered
628 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by anubis1127;15308208
Gotcha, thanks for the update, I was thinking about picking up a 8120 just to play with.

Hopefully the microcenter price will come down slightly next Tuesday. I did notice they lowered the price of the 8150 down to 259, but usually they price their CPU's a good $30 below TD, or newegg.
I ordered 8150 from Newegg on 12th with rush process. They contact me today (14th) telling me my address is not verified. *** !!!
mad.gif

It's good news that MC lower the price on 8150, hope they have plenty in stock when it becomes available.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by anubis1127
View Post

I'm sorry, but wasn't the price of the 8150 supposed to be around 250 USD? What the hell was it lowered from?

·
Premium Member
9,896 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ballistic Buddha
View Post

I'm sorry, but wasn't the price of the 8150 supposed to be around 250 USD? What the hell was it lowered from?

Microcenter had it priced at $279, they have since lowered it to $259.

Sent from my DX running Apex 2.0 RC4

·
Registered
491 Posts
Next shipment should be here next week. Launch batch was flown in overnight so supplies were very limited. Second batch is coming in by boat so there should be plenty of FX-8150's to go around. Article below explains it.

http://www.legitreviews.com/news/11659/

·
Registered
166 Posts
I am going to wait a couple more weeks, till the pricing settles out.
This chip is all I need to finish my build,
hoping for an end of road socket personally the this pga needs to go away.
BGA the way to go for amd and continue with that for backward compatibility.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts