Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i looked on perfomance pcs but i only seem to find their work?
where do i buy the diy stuff?

also white size do i need just to do power supply cable?

and what others are used for?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts

·
Registered
3,701 Posts
Take a look at the Cable Sleeving Gallery & Discussion thread. If you want black sleeving, the best place to get it from is furryletters and I believe twich12 linked to his eBay store in his post. If you want coloured sleeving, the best place to order from is MDPC-X. It is the best quality sleeve you can purchase and is well worth the effort.

For heatshrink, I would recommend MDPC-X again but other than that, there is a seller on eBay by the name of Genuinedealz who sells 3:1 ratio heatshrink, which is a great price and will do the job nicely, although not quite as nicely as the MDPC stuff.

Whether you go through the eBay sellers of MDPC-X, you'll be satisfied either way I think. Both options are excellent.

P.S The size of sleeve that you need is 1/8" to sleeve single wires

·
Well, hello there...
4,500 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,373 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205 View Post
i looked on perfomance pcs but i only seem to find their work?
where do i buy the diy stuff?

also white size do i need just to do power supply cable?

and what others are used for?
Barry (FurryLetters from eBay) has some great quality sleeving. If you're only looking for black, the Techflex Clean Cut is great quality.

http://www.overclock.net/other-hardw...-sleeving.html

Unfortunately, the Techflex Clean Cut only comes in black and grey from the manufacturer. The colored sleeving that he sells is PET and isn't dense so you can actually see the wires through the sleeving. The only way around this is to either double sleeve using the PET or paint the wires.

MDPC is another option however, I only tend to recommend buying from here if you want colored sleeving. The reason is that it's really expensive. For $17 + shipping, you can get 100 feet of Techflex Clean Cut from Barry. I think the last time I checked over on MDPC it was like $40 USD total with shipping for 98.xx feet of sleeving (30 meters).

When comparing the black sleeving from Techflex Clean Cut to MDPC, the only noticeable difference between them is that the Techflex Clean Cut is glossier.

Now, from there, you'll need heat shrink tubing. Barry (FurryLetters) now sells 3:1 ratio heat shrink tubing for a pretty good price. You'll generally need 10 feet of heat shrink for every 100 feet of sleeving. 3:1 ratio 3/16th heat shrink fits perfectly over the sleeving and shrinks to a great fit. 2:1 ratio heat shrink works as well though and it's what I used.

·
Registered
490 Posts
MDPC-X for the highest quality sleeving, it ain't cheap though.

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thnx a lot guys, appriciate all the help, I'm going to go crazy on my power supply, as soon as I get the sleeveing,

+rep to a lot of you as soon as I get to a pc

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by F1ForFrags
View Post

Yep, it's perfect. Also, you might want to check this stuff out.

http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-g...ing-guide.html

Absolutely beautiful sleeving. Rivals MDPC IMO. I uni-sleeved my sig rig PSU and couldn't be happier with the result.

what is that stuff?
does it actually exand when u fold it?
i dont understand

·
Banned
3,749 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by RushMore1205
View Post

what is that stuff?
does it actually exand when u fold it?
i dont understand

It's parachute cord. As odd as it sounds, it makes EXCELLENT cable sleeving and is also EXTREMELY cheap. All you have to do is remove the string from the inside of it once you cut it to length and then apply it as you would normal sleeving. It does have some expandability, but not much. Think of it, though, people trust this stuff with their lives when parachuting, so I'm fairly sure it's about the highest quality sleeving you can get. Also, you cannot see any of the wire at all once it's sleeved. If you're able to, you must have x-ray vision.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts