Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have updated to the 2B6QCXP7 firmware a few months back.

Now after the latest issues on the new firmware, I am thinking maybe this 2B6QCXP7 is causing me problems as well?

You see, if I install any Intel Rapid Storage Technology post this v15.2.0.1020, I would get random freezes where the system has to be force shutdown. This happens whenever I am installing things or copying data. Basically, any of the new IRST that is optimized for Optane is problematic for me.

But now I am thinking, is it really IRST that's causing this or could it be the 2B6QCXP7 firmware? I mean I've tried every single IRST after 15.2.0.1020 and they all have this same random freezing problem.

With that said, how can I downgrade to the original stock firmware that came with my SSD?

·
Registered
732 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snappy Phoenix View Post

I have updated to the
2B6QCXP7 firmware a few months back.
Now after the latest issues on the new firmware, I am thinking maybe this
2B6QCXP7 is causing me problems as well?

You see, if I install any Intel Rapid Storage Technology post this v15.2.0.1020, I would get random freezes where the system has to be force shutdown. This happens whenever I am installing things or copying data. Basically, any of the new IRST that is optimized for Optane is problematic for me.

But now I am thinking, is it really IRST that's causing this or could it be the 2B6QCXP7 firmware? I mean I've tried every single IRST after 15.2.0.1020 and they all have this same random freezing problem.

With that said, how can I downgrade to the original stock firmware that came with my SSD?
You can't downgrade FW.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
even with the latest IRST which has Optane Support?

Maybe it's because I'm on a laptop which doesn't have Optane Support

1 - 4 of 4 Posts