Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Networking Nerd
2,331 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the weather is getting colder and I've been playing a lot of games lately. I'm looking for some tips on finding lan parties in my area. I've tried searching google with no luck. I'm in Spokane, WA.

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
I'm in Seattle and also interested .

What size lan are you talking about?

I know there is a bunch of Washington OCN members

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
I am not familiar with any LANs in Miami, Florida. I was actually searching a couple of minutes ago

·
/╲/( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)/\╱\
6,197 Posts
Hmmm. This seems like a good Idea for a new forum section. LAN Parties! (Sectioned by country and state of course)

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Who wants to make it?

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
And I've never been to one. How are they done?

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by zhevra
View Post

You all hook your computers up and own each others head off...and get wasted/surger high...depending on how old you are : )

sounds like my type of time

I was looking for one near Mass or NH to go to with a friend and a 30 - rack

·
Registered
862 Posts
get a ton of friends....tables...drinks....xbox 360 linkage....sleeping bags....empty room with good ventilation....have fun.

I use to have lan parties once a year with my close friends...none of us were hardcore or anything...but damn playing dota, CS 1.6, any FPS is much funner with friends..

Now I can't do that **** anymore so instead we get together and go the the local lan center lol.

·
/╲/( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)/\╱\
6,197 Posts
If you guys are interested, I will try to start a thread for this.

Any thoughts, comments, suggestions before I do? (I plan on consulting a Mod for this section before I do)

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux
View Post

get a ton of friends....tables...drinks....xbox 360 linkage....sleeping bags....empty room with good ventilation....have fun.

I use to have lan parties once a year with my close friends...none of us were hardcore or anything...but damn playing dota, CS 1.6, any FPS is much funner with friends..

Now I can't do that **** anymore so instead we get together and go the the local lan center lol.

Dota.....I love dota, I'ma roll up on you with axe son!

·
Registered
862 Posts
just make sure if you guys get together it doesn't get "sweaty"....I hated my friends who were lazy and didn't shower each day...it was pretty disgusting.

·
Registered
2,993 Posts
Please do, walnuts
nice pic btw

·
/╲/( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)/\╱\
6,197 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by KG363
View Post

Please do, walnuts
nice pic btw

Thx. lol

By the way, "Look at my horse. . . "

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux
View Post

This.

You're crazy if you throw 20 overclockers in a room with no AC

·
Premium Member
5,111 Posts
my friends and I used to sit around a table, throw all our computers on a network, get tleast 3 packs of cigarettes (usually camels), maintain atleast a 12 beer to person ratio, and order excessive amounts of Dominos and have the best Command and Conquer Generals Parties ever, I think we're having another one come Christmas too

·
Registered
862 Posts
it doesn't really have to be 20...I think even 10 is too much...you'll be surprised how fun lans are with just 5 of your closest friends and own people online haha.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux View Post
it doesn't really have to be 20...I think even 10 is too much...you'll be surprised how fun lans are with just 5 of your closest friends and own people online haha.
Yah, we had a 5 man dota team this weekend... we melted face.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts