Overclock.net banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Premium Member
2,845 Posts
chrisjmoss,

I'd go with the PSU and/or the RAM. These two options seem the most worthwhile out of your selection for your current system. PSU first, then RAM, or if you can afford it, both together.

I was going to suggest water cooling your CPU and/or graphics card as a seventh option, but it might not be a sensible upgrade compared to the above...

I would avoid taking a soldering iron to your motherboard if I were you and yes, you're right, flashy lights shouldn't really be a priority over other components
. I'm not a fan of the "too fast, too furious" lookin' PC, but I guess its just down to personal taste.

Good luck with whatever you decide upon!

Highly-Annoyed

· Premium Member
2,845 Posts
chrisjmoss,

If you are running DDR (not DDR2 etc) like me, have a look at this RAM. It'll be in my PC soon and it should be good. I have looked around the net quite a lot for RAM and have found that, on average, GEIL and Crucial seem to be the best value for money. Can't find name brand PC4000 anywhere for as little as Crucial are selling it and they do free delivery on orders over £25.00 too!

I'd still be thinking about a new PSU if I were you though as (as erauman said) a decent PSU is important for overclocking and general system stability.

Highly-Annoyed

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.