Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been debating on where to put the new pump- I honestly have no idea.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/ShowIm...ase+%2D+Retail

Use that link to see photos of the case...I can always mount it outside, but inside would look a bit better...

Let me know your thoughts!

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
Do you have a picture of your current set up and your planned loop? Maybe in the bottom chamber near the PSU? Or just on the plate seperating the two chambers?

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Are you going all internal? And which pump...If you are going to put your rad on the back or top I would just put it on the back-side bottom opposite the PSU cut out...You can all ways prime it and get it running before you bolt it down.....

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
I would put it in the upper drive bays.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It'd help if I put up a picture

Basically, the rad in the rear is mounted via a radbox to the 120mm fan mount. Tubing will enter/exit to it via two pre-drilled holes in the top, where I have drawn the tubes entering/exiting. There is also a 120mm res inside that is mounted, in the same 120mm fan mount, and has 2 pulls from it to the TEC waterblock...The pump is a D5.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Oh Yeah I'd mount to the back then...It would be out of the way there....Probably run a little cooler to...

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picture uploaded in post 6
Along with an explanation. Anyone let me know if you need more specific information

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mootsfox
View Post

When I saw the title, I knew this thread was yours

I would stick the pump maybe in the bottom 5.25" drive bays.

I remember someone having problems with the tubing kinking when they did that with this or close to the same case.

·
Premium Member
65,162 Posts
You can also maybe fit it in his PSU bay. Also out of the way and wouldn't add heat to the system.

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp
View Post

I remember someone having problems with the tubing kinking when they did that with this or close to the same case.

Slade?

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by atomicfission92
View Post

Slade?

I don't think so...it was someone who was new. *shrug*

Also...are you doing a T-line or res burn?

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Snerp
View Post

I don't think so...it was someone who was new. *shrug*

Also...are you doing a T-line or res burn?

He said a 120mm res before. cause it has 2 ins and 2 outs for his block

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
On the topic of the res: Here's how I think the loop will work:

Pump-Res-Dual pulls to CPU block-GPU-Out to Rad-In to case-Pump

Or, scenario #2:

Pump-GPU-Split to dual inlets on block-Dual out to res-Out to Rad-In to case-Pump

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Oh, and the guy I'm getting it thru said it shipped yesterday, so it's on its way! I'm really gunning for it to get here tomorrow, but we all know that'll never happen

·
Banned
5,663 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Burn
View Post

Oh, and the guy I'm getting it thru said it shipped yesterday, so it's on its way! I'm really gunning for it to get here tomorrow, but we all know that'll never happen

Can I know this guy? lol I need a case too. I have pretty much given up on monarch..

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
I'd still put the pump in the top drivebays then you will have a nice easy curve loop going on.

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I'll do whatever works best- If I want to get creative, I might be able to make a drive tray. LL has these lips that hold the drives in place for their tool-less drive bays, so it may just have to sit right there.

Would it be an issue if the D5 gets mounted sideways, as in outlet facing up, outlet facing left/right?

1 - 20 of 37 Posts