Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im looking to get a 4850 but i have no idea which one.

i dont care to much about aftermarket cooling because this monster will be going under water so it really comes down to price and overclocking.

im looking for a prooven overclocker and at the same time the cheapest possible card

thanks guys

·
Premium Member
7,249 Posts
I don't know of any brand to be better/worse than the next one. What differentiates them is colling and bundle, so if you care about the bundle choose according to this. I'd get the cheapest...

My 2 cents.

·
Registered
133 Posts
I just bought this Sapphire 4850 yesterday, picking it out because it has a better HSF to control temps as well as being 130 bucks after MIR. Seems like the $20 instant rebate is gone today, but Im sure newegg will discount it again soon.

·
Premium Member
16,927 Posts
get the cheapest reference one

what you're doing with it will most likely void the warranty anyways.

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok kool are there any sites cheaper than good ole newegg?

·
Registered
819 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thewebmaster179 View Post
well I'd say get the Asus 4850 (matrix edition). It looks so sexy...
quoted for truth.

·
Premium Member
635 Posts
VisionTek has one of the best warranties out there, I have a pair of 4850 VT and 2 4870x2 VT and love them!

·
Registered
439 Posts
I bought a HIS IceQ4 TurboX and its quiet doesn't over heat and it has a factory over clock of 685MHZ and a memory clock of 2200MHZ.The bench marks speak for themselves it beats every single HD4850 in its class, its def the best HD4850, go with the IceQ4 TurboX by HIS..

·
Registered
1,497 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
so any other thoughts remember im watercooling the thing

·
Registered
2,104 Posts
I vote HIS 4850 IceQ 4 Tubro

The IceQ cooling is great, I have IceQ II on my X850XT and its absolutely silent!

And while the HIS 4850 is only £150, if you can afford it get 2 and crossfire them!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts