Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
That is a good question!!
I think XFX doesn't because when I put a water block on my 5870 there wasn't any sticker on it saying if removed void warranty and i put my stock cooler back on the fan didn't work for some reason and when i contacted them on a RMA they just sent me a new shroud with a new fan on it.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:
Originally Posted by MASSKILLA View Post

That is a good question!!
I think XFX doesn't because when I put a water block on my 5870 there wasn't any sticker on it saying if removed void warranty and i put my stock cooler back on the fan didn't work for some reason and when i contacted them on a RMA they just sent me a new shroud with a new fan on it.
Hmm, thanks for your input but I've heard the newest XFX ones have Void stickers on them :s...

@verbatim, I'm fairly sure MSI doesn't void the warranty, they just don't state that because they don't want to encourage noobs to do stupid crap.
rolleyes.gif
I just wanted to know if e.g. sapphire, HIS or XFX (cheapest GFX cards I can get) void warranty.

·
AMD Shill
588 Posts
I've taken the cooler of my XFX card, and I had to go through the void stickers on my card to get there, but I had contacted them before I did it to put a custom cooler on, so if they cause anything, I'll just pull the old "customer support told me I could!" routine, but I trust XFX personally.

I would say, just contact them and ask, if you need to know, XFX is very fast at responding.

·
Banned
21,557 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkey View Post

Hmm, thanks for your input but I've heard the newest XFX ones have Void stickers on them :s...
@verbatim, I'm fairly sure MSI doesn't void the warranty, they just don't state that because they don't want to encourage noobs to do stupid crap.
rolleyes.gif
I just wanted to know if e.g. sapphire, HIS or XFX (cheapest GFX cards I can get) void warranty.
headscratch.gif

It's been like two years now.

http://www.overclock.net/t/892583/official-amd-69xx-owners-club/260#post_11787994

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

·
Registered
4,383 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klinkey View Post

Hey guys, looking to purchase a 7970 but I'm not sure which. Was going to go with the Sapphire 7970 OC but apparently sapphire voids warranty when you install an aftermarket cooler.
Any ideas?
AFAIK you will be fine. Just retain the original shrould to re-attach should you need to RMA it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts