Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi , so i want to buy a new mb to pair with FX-6300 and i need help in choosing which one is the best..

There is ASUS M5A97 R2.0 , MSI 970A-G46 and GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3.

I would like to OC a little bit if possible too, so i'm wondering which one should i go with. Thanks
smile.gif

·
Premium Member
8,612 Posts
I don't like GA's exposed VRMs. MSI's G46 models are crappy overclockers(not very stable), but do x16 x8. Asus is ok. I'd forget all those and go with a GA-970A-D3P

·
Registered
2,124 Posts
Do not, i repeat DO NOT get the MSI, i had that exact board and it was not a great overclocker at all. I was not happy with it.

I currently have a 990fxa-ud5 from gigabyte and im again not very impressed with giga either. I think i have rev 1.1 which has the same bios as the 970a-d3. It doesnt have alot of features.. and if the d3 doesnt have LLC then you really wont want it. (giga boards NEED LLC).

I would highly recommend going with the m5a97 r2.0. I have heard lots of good things about this board. No personal experience but asus usually has the best bios features.

·
Software 'Engineer'
893 Posts
Running an ASROCK 970 Pro in my 24/7 server for 4 months so far and have had no problems.
Not sure of its overclockability due to the non cooled VRMs but it has been running very well with a FX8120
Rev 2.0 though, have heard many horror stories about the Rev 1.0

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ok guys, thank you for your answers. I also think i will go with ASUS , biostar and asrock are currently unavailable at the shop here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts