Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For my build that il be doing in a few weeks time, I want to use a AIO because I want my case to be kept clean and good looking. I have a budget of ~£55-60. These are some of the ones Ive been looking at....

ThermalTake Water 2.0 Performer
Corsair H60 (2013 Edition)
Antec Kuhler 620
CM Seidon 120m

I want the best performer and have personaly been liking the Water 2.0

Which do you think I should pick?

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
The H70 uses a considerably thicker rad, 50mm vs 27mm on the Water 2.0 Performer, so it will perform better (AFAIK), I can't find any reviews comparing the two directly though.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Can someone do some quick research on my behalf since Ive in my bed with my phone, I still think the 2.0 could pullnin front, but I have no info to back this up with. Please report any findings as soon as possible please

Sent From My Rooted Galaxy Ace II Using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pedroc1999 View Post

Can someone do some quick research on my behalf since Ive in my bed with my phone, I still think the 2.0 could pullnin front, but I have no info to back this up with. Please report any findings as soon as possible please

The H70 rad is nearly twice as thick, I don't think there's much competition
wink.gif

That and the H70 comes with higher quality fans.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read somewhere that the fans dont support PWM and the pump is taken from a weak H50, is this true?

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Quote:

I read somewhere that the fans dont support PWM and the pump is taken from a weak H50, is this true?

These fans do support PWM, they're the same ones that are used on the H80i and H100i.
The pump is the same as the H50 but I'm not sure how it compares to the pump in the Water 2.0 Performer.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
The pump in the 2.0 is *Much* more powerfull than the one lf a H50, it is good enough to handle a 240mm rad. The 2.0 is still in the lead for me untill I manage to search up some benches

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As far as tests go I have found that the 2.0 either matches or is 1*C hotter than a H100, I feel surprized

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Done some trawling through reviews. There are no direct comparisons however there's enough info to say the Water 2.0 Performer does perform better.
There was a direct comparison between the H60 and the Performer, the H60 ran hotter by about 5-6 degrees.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
And how does the H60 + H70 compare?

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
They're pretty similar, the H70 is about 2 degrees better.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So the 2.0 is potencially about 5*C cooler, that just won it for me... Feel free to pitch in with other opinions as its always nice to learn and I think I may not be the only one with this dilema so this could help other people

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
It does seem like the better option, I didn't realise how weak the pumps were on the H70 and below
tongue.gif

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I rather AIO because of the reasons in the OP, yes Corsair has a 5yr warranty but could someone find out how long is the 2.0s warranty?

·
Premium Member
8,165 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Why wasn't the new Swiftech h220 mentioned? It's going to beat the crap out of all of them and it's made by the kings of water cooling, also will have the option to add more to the loop like GPU if you want later on.
Because the H220 will cost over £100, he has a budget of £60
wink.gif
Quote:

I rather AIO because of the reasons in the OP, yes Corsair has a 5yr warranty but could someone find out how long is the 2.0s warranty?

ThermalTake only offer a 1 year warranty on their water cooling products.

·
Ultimate Rig Winner
7,280 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
What is the price of the H220 in the UK?

1 - 20 of 45 Posts