-Alphacool Cape eye Res
-Koolance PMP-450 / Laing D5 variable
-MIST radiator Extreme 2x120
-Koolance VID-AR587
-Apogee GT
-EK CoolStream RAD XTC (420) 3x140
Back to Reservoir

-1/2" Tubing

EDIT : The rear fan is a Scythe GT AP-14 (1450rpm)

·
Not having a good time
2,395 Posts
I do believe Picture one does great justice, For the reason that if you reversed the airflow into the case from the top, you'd be essentially transferring the heat from your radiators back into your system

My number one rule for air cooling is you should always have stronger Exhaust than air intake. EX:

Lets set up a Wind tunnel for example, two fans, one at the front(Fan A) and one at the back(Fan B) right? If Fan A is pushing 25% more air into the tunnel than Fan B, then resistance can be expected when the air from Fan A reaches fan B because Fan B can't Exhaust the Excess air fast enough, this then creates a stalling point for Heat being generated from the heat source from exiting Fan B fast enough.

Picture 4 wouldn't be too bad but remember if you do that setup that the rear fan must stay at a lower setting because sometimes Too much airflow can trap Excess Heat.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
What does your signature mean by playing wow with a controller?

I could only upload 5 pictures, so if there is one not mentioned, I can link it in and make another vote option for it

·
Not having a good time
2,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by NorxMAL
View Post

What does your signature mean by playing wow with a controller?

I could only upload 5 pictures, so if there is one not mentioned, I can link it in and make another vote option for it

It means when I play World of Warcraft I play with a Modified 360 Controller using Xpadder. I like to relax in my chair when playing games instead of being hunched over a keyboard and mouse getting cramps in my hand

Nah ive been a console gamer all my life up until a few months ago when i got fed up with Micros*** but anyways you'll definitely need the Picture 1 Setup

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That sounds comfortable

But that sounds hard to do properly with my shaman

I have quit wow, started in the beta's, so I have played my share

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yeah, I didn't want to install 3ds Max then, and I did this so people could alter it if someone wanted too

But the models is downloaded from the 3D Warehouse that google have

·
Not having a good time
2,395 Posts
Cool, do you have much experience using it because I would be Interested in how it performs on an Intel System

Also what fans do you have available? Depending on their performance I can help you out a little more with Fan placement.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Don't really have that much experience with Google SketchUp, and not entirely sure what you mean

But I have to change the pictures, cause I only have a GT 1450 in the rear

I added a text explaining it instead.

Don't really have other fans right now, other than the stock 230mm fans

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,804 Posts
I voted pic 1. Big fan of getting hot air out, more then cool air in. I know it all kinda makes since one way or another whatever way you calculate it. But cant really fail with front and side intake, rear and top exhaust. Its just physics.

·
Not having a good time
2,395 Posts
Well what I mean is that on my system I have major problem designing Large Scale Items such as Skyscrapers and such because it maxes out my Phenom Really quick so I cant even complete a project.

Oh and you dont have to update your pics, They serve their purpose well as they are. If you really want a good Cooling boost, Once you've got your Setup chosen I suggest getting some High performance replacement fans.

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I'm in the GT 2150 Group buy, at least the barebone fans order has been sent out, which I ordered 9 of. I'm in for 3 completes, but we don't have enough number of fans to get that order made yet.

I'm no 3D modelling expert or anything, but have you considered to divide the models into separate files, and then merge it at a later point, or render them into separate images and use layers in a 2D editor?

Depends if you are making a animation or not.

Which 3D editor are you using now?

Quote:

You can fit 3x120mm up there right?

Yes ofc
I plan to use the GT 2150 in push pull config up there, with a shroud

·
Not having a good time
2,395 Posts
When I use it I use Google Sketchup, although I am trying to make 100% Full detail Schematic of a Science Research Frigate designed for Space Flight
biggrin.gif
that includes every square inch of wiring and piping pretty much down to the rivets so...as a famous quote goes "Well there's your problem"

I recommend using 3x120mm, use the following if you can because they are awesome and if you install Anti-Vibration measures with them you'll barely hear them at all
smile.gif

LINK

·
Registered
696 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Try using the layer option in sketchup, and put the most resource hungry items in a layer that you hide when you don't need to view them etc
smile.gif

I guess the problems occurs with slow rendering while modelling?

1 - 20 of 26 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.