Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
since I have 30 days for a return Im gonna risk it and take off my heatsink from my BFG 6800 GT OC and use some arctic silver on the chip and ram, unless someone can really recommend something better... lol

which would you pick for a card thats sure to be overclocked a lot...

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...InnerManu=1410

whichever you pick, make sure you post its actual product page link

·
Registered
27 Posts
Get the second one (with the round cap) i have it and it works so well
It droped my temps about 5oC idle and 7-8oC when heated up. Its awsome for overclockers.

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Im about to order it so jump in here... lol

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by thenut
Im about to order it so jump in here... lol
Any 1 of the 2 top ones... The 3rd one which is a white tube is a no no.

The two silver tubes are the same stuff just different ammounts.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Veto1024
1st one and 2nd one are the same thing just different amounts. 3rd one is boo crap

Echo

LOL. Just as long as nut gets the message

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
I say get the arctic silver5 for the core, and some ceramique for the memory chips, or just the ceramique because its not conductive. I would recommend the BFG 6800GT, or the XFX. i know that the XFX overclocks well because i got to 425/1180 on stock cooling, and 443/1230 with water.
the leadtek is also sweet because it has a humungo heatsink
XFX
LEADTEK

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I already have the BFG, Ive just decided to take the heatsink off...

and yes, now that youve pointed that out guys, thats what I get for trying to make an impulse decision before my significant other leaves with the debit card... lol

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
decided to get a bit more and ordered http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...100-008&depa=0 ... in a couple days, once it arrives, Ill take off the bfg heatsink and replace their stuff this this as5... if I ruin the card and have to return the card it wont be that bad, I have 30 days for a return... absolute worst is that its out of stock yet again and I have to wait and perhaps try it again

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

The 3rd one which is a white tube is a no no.

What's wrong with Ceramique? I've got in on my CPU, it's working just fine. I could probably get another degree or two with AS5, but that doesn't make Ceramique a "no no" in my mind.

·
Registered
27 Posts
FRIKEN AWSOME
thats what i bought and it works like a charm
. Just don't over do it when putting it on and you will get awsome results on your temps. Good job man.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts