Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ill be starting my i7 build soon and have a few options as far as the mother board goes and wanted to know what you guys think of them, one which hasn't came out yet but will soon and seems to be a VERY nice board that seems to have EVERYTHING, blue tooth to OC via cell phone
Idk about that but will see.

Foxconn BloodRage GTI

EVGA Classified

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

ORRRR!!!

ASUS Rampage III

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=31952&catid=2

Or somethng you may have in mind...

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,138 Posts
Asus rampage or the EVGA are both solid well built high quality boards and both will suit you down to the ground

·
AS 396507
1,565 Posts
I like EVGA's customer support, if you ever need it.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
^Im aware, Im just throwing them out there as there the main ones that Im debating on. So now how about some more helpful advice.

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I have heard good things about the EVGA Classified.

Also, for overclocking, please ONLY use the BIOS! Software overclocking is NOT reliable at all.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by CyberShadow View Post
Ill be starting my i7 build soon and have a few options as far as the mother board goes and wanted to know what you guys think of them, one which hasn't came out yet but will soon and seems to be a VERY nice board that seems to have EVERYTHING, blue tooth to OC via cell phone
Idk about that but will see.

Foxconn BloodRage GTI

EVGA Classified

ASUS Rampage II Extreme

ORRRR!!!

ASUS Rampage III

http://www.tcmagazine.com/comments.php?id=31952&catid=2

Or somethng you may have in mind...
Out of those choices I'd pick the EVGA classified. Alternatively any EVGA x58 3xSLI will get similar performance, and save you money.

Other decent boards I like are the ASUS P6T, Foxconn Bloodrage (original not GTI) , and the Rampage II Gene (mATX). All of which will get your i7 920 D0 to 4Ghz without breaking a sweat.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So far EVGA seems to be the most popular and pulling ahead of the others. Thanks guys.

Surprised no one has said nothing about the Rampage III, hm.. guess not much interest.

·
Registered
2,035 Posts
I highly reccommend EVGA, they make great boards and have the best customer service I have ever dealt with (beside newegg)

·
Registered
681 Posts
Yeah I just had a question regarding my evga mainboard, and they got back to me early this morning, when I sent the question late last night. The response was very clear and helpful.

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
i honestly suggest the Asus Rampager 3 Asus has very good reliability record.. and a makes very good computer parts... i personally have had them in my family forever.. not just my dads side.. my moms side.. my uncle be a Computer IT and you wouldnt belive the amount of Asus boards he has had... he has an intel Pentium 2 Board! however EVGA sounds good if you think you like it more..

1 - 16 of 16 Posts