Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,342 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys...

how are you ? I hope you are all fine.

I would like to ask... regardless of Direct X 11, which card performs better for games and Photoshop and print-design stuff, the GTS250, or GTS450 or HD5750 ? and why please ?

I am almost limited to those 3 cards, due to the price, and the limited availability of the other cards here in my country, so please tell me.

thanks in advance to all.

·
Registered
4,307 Posts
the GTS450 will last u a little longer then the 250 since its already pretty old.

photoshop is mostly mem and CPU dependent.

gpu is basically for games.

·
Banned
1,975 Posts
I use to run a 5750HD and it was really good for 1680X1050, it was good for OC;ing, ran Quiet, nice and cool but the Drivers arnt the Best..

GTS450 if Drivers really Matter to you..

I switched to a GTX460 cos of them..

·
Registered
113 Posts
I saw Photoshop as your daily task which is optional to use CUDA (Compute unified device architecture) that help to do encoding stuff on mercury engine. I suggest you to get the GTS450. Not only it gives you a feature of using CUDA but also letting gamers to have better eye candy on PhysX.

I definitely recommend you to get the GTS450.

If you want to extend your budget a bit more, you can get the HD6850. It outperforms the 3 cards that you mentioned just now. But unfortunately, it doesn't support PhysX and CUDA.

·
Registered
768 Posts
The GTS 250 is just outdated, although still a great card, it's a few generations behind. If I were buying a card now I'd either buy a HD5770 or GTX 460. The HD5750 is simply too close to the HD5770 in price to even be worth considering.
For the GTS450 and HD5750 it really depends on the game. They actually trade blows quite often and both come out on top in different games. Most of the time there isn't more than a couple of frames seperating them so I doubt you'd notice a difference between the two while gaming. They are around the same price so which one you choose is strictly based on which brand you'd rather have. I've heard that ATi's drivers aren't all that great so things like that should be the deciding factor.

EDIT: Are you planning on running this in your sig rig with that 300W power supply?

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
I dunno the answer to this off-hand, but can photoshop 'use' gpu-acceleration on the ATI cards? I know the latest version can use CUDA on the nV cards, so you might want to find out the answer to this as it may influence your decision.

Personally if you're interested in gaming at all, I'd keep your eye out for the 460 768MB to go on sale. I've seen it as low as $89.99 after MIR (that was at Fry's Electronics a week or so ago), which I'd imagine is in your price range, right? One of those will blow the doors off any of the other three you've mentioned.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts