Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'am asking this for a friend..he has 700$canadian to send on a card..no PCI-E just AGP...i suggested for him to get a x850XTPE...what do you guys think?

·
Banned
4,410 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by peternorth

I'am asking this for a friend..he has 700$canadian to send on a card..no PCI-E just AGP...i suggested for him to get a x850XTPE...what do you guys think?

That card goes for $550-700 US I just got a bfg 6800 U OC for $499 US ..........Don't know about your friend but I'd like to have the extra $50 + in my pocket!!

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
http://www.newegg.com/app/viewProduc...102-473&depa=0 ... those are gonna fetch 700 dollars american so I say tell your friend to forget about that... besides, the x850 xtpe are pci-express anyway

as of today his 700 canadian will only be about 565 american... you could find an x800 xtpe for a bit more than that tho... Id recommend something like http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduc...127-138&depa=0 or another x800 xtpe listed on newegg, most are out of stock tho

and yes, I know if its in canada you cant order from newegg but newegg will provide the best list for possible cards and price comparisons

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
I know you posted in the ati forum but if your friend just wants the best card for the best price tell him to get a 6800 gt or an ultra if he wants to pay the premium

6800 gt - ~ 420 american so only 520 canadian
6800 ultra - ~ 520 american so only 645 canadian

either card has companies that have prices that are far below and far above that average tho

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok thanks for the input...so i should tell him to get a 6800ultra...let's say money is not a problem which grahics card should he get for agp??

·
Registered
16 Posts
I've got a connect3d (the european counterpart to ati) x800xt and got it for 470 on newegg. If your friend can find connect3d cards, I think they would be the best for him to go with. This also depends on what games he wants the faster framerates and if he wants that pci slot below the agp open, along with lower/higher power consumption.
For instance:
6800 ultra
outstanding performance in OpenGL
first pci slot usually obstructed
greater power consumption

x800xt
outstanding performance in Direct3d
first pci slot usually unobstructed
lower power consumption

1 - 10 of 10 Posts