Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want a good cheap cd drive would be stable and ample. I'm think with one of these http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136149 or this http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136153 which would be better? And is there anything even better around that price? Answer both questions even if there's something better than answer which one of those is better and then tell me if something is even better that I haven't listed so answer both questions please. thanks. peace. and the links I posted can u explain SecurDisc Tech and LightScribe? Which is better? Or should I just get one with both? can u help me find one with both if so? And what does OEM mean? I know it's abriviated original equipment manufacturer but what does that mean?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
But what's securedisk and lightscribe? The 20x has securedisk and the 22x has lightscribe. peace.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Lightscribe is the ability to burn an image (picture or text, whatever) to the label side of the disc.

·
Registered
862 Posts
Securdisk secures the files you store on CDs and DVDs against damage, theft and copying.

But seriously..its a matter of a few dollars get the best rated drive. lol

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

Lightscribe is the ability to burn an image (picture or text, whatever) to the label side of the disc.

do i need to stick a paper on top of a cd, or dvd to do the lightscribe ?

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Lol viet boy ur funny. but I don't think so. And without secure disk I think it would rarely mess up. And without it it even tells if it messed up or not. How can it secure the files agains damage? It's all the same I guess. I guess securedisk is useless.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by gera229
View Post

But what's securedisk and lightscribe? The 20x has securedisk and the 22x has lightscribe. peace.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vi3t_boy
View Post

do i need to stick a paper on top of a cd, or dvd to do the lightscribe ?

Lightscribe uses special Lightscribe media that allows you to burn a monochromatic image on to the top of the disk, this feature adds a lot to the price of the disk, its nice but not really worth it unless you want to impress somebody. Sercuredisk allows you to create an encrypted disk where you could give somebody your disk and they wont beable to copy the data off this disk without the encryption key. To view the files you have to have a special program to do it. You also need a program like nero that supports it creation.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts