Overclock.net banner

Which cpu heatsink is better than mine?

705 Views 23 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  IntelConvert
Some of you may know i am planning on overclocking my cpu to 3ghz and i am a bit worried about heating. Currently my temps are 28C, 30C max at idle and about 35-40C under when i play games like crysis although i bump up my fan speeds. I have arranged my case fans so my high speed yate loons is an exhaust right behind my cpu fan so it draws out more air and i have another yate loon right above my cpu fan blowing on it. I saw this fan at fry's like this one but not blue http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835106123 i also think it had a bigger fan. I want to know which heatsink should i get to keep my temps around what i have now after i overclock? I read that Trues are good and then i saw the CM V8 which i don't think will fit in my case.
21 - 24 of 24 Posts

· Registered
3,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
i am liking the xiggy too but mainly because it moves a lot of air and i don't like how the CM V8's fan is in between the heatsinks, if there was another fan on the other side of it then i would consider it more. I am having trouble taking off the top part of my case because of the yate loon i put up there i can't push the clip to take it off, i can barely fit my finger in the space.
I plan on ordering a couple more fans as fast as the yate loons but quieter but i need to find them first.

· Registered
2,785 Posts
yea, the Xiggy Dark Knight is great for $40. comes with a backplate for mounting, makes it very strong for mounting.

many people have used this for the quadcores, and i know i love it on my dual core. i think ull love it for the performance and its price tag

21 - 24 of 24 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.