·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts

·
Registered
3,326 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welliam View Post

What is the AMD cpu that is equivalent to Intel i5-4670k ?
Didn't we have this very same thread a few weeks ago?

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It is the first time I ask for this, I never used AMD before so what cooler suitable for FX 8350 ?

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
Many people with twin tower air coolers top out around 4.7-4.8 ghz with the 8350. I got 4.8 with mine but so much depends on the case, its fans, and the motherboard.

·
Registered
799 Posts
If you is willing to overclock your CPU, the 'late' FX-8370 do have some good numbers regarding clocks and voltages.

Remember you need a good motherboard to proper overclock FX-8XXX. VRM Layout play a good role in the equation. Also good cooling on it is a must.

I have one FX-8350 and it is a great CPU. It´s old ? Yes. Is EOL ? Yes. But it runs everything with great performance and modern games run awesome.

Old games runs well too, i have none problems with them.

Good Luck !

thumb.gif

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by jclafi View Post

If you is willing to overclock your CPU, the 'late' FX-8370 do have some good numbers regarding clocks and voltages.

Remember you need a good motherboard to proper overclock FX-8XXX. VRM Layout play a good role in the equation. Also good cooling on it is a must.

I have one FX-8350 and it is a great CPU. It´s old ? Yes. Is EOL ? Yes. But it runs everything with great performance and modern games run awesome.

Old games runs well too, i have none problems with them.

Good Luck !

thumb.gif
What is EOL ? why there is no newer AMD CPUs ? what is the experience with Photoshop ?

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
End Of Life. The next generation of AMD CPUs, Zen, is scheduled to be released in October or so. The prices for FX should drop then.

·
Registered
972 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Welliam View Post

What is EOL ? why there is no newer AMD CPUs ? what is the experience with Photoshop ?
There are newer AMD cpus, but currently the FX-8350(and it's higher clocked variants) is the closest AMD cpu performance wise to the i5 you asked about.
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

Is this another flame bait thread?
rolleyes.gif
I'm amazed you and Chrisjames managed to reply before at least 5 intel guys I've never seen post before... thats how these threads usually go amirite
rolleyes.gif

·
Registered
990 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by miklkit View Post

End Of Life. The next generation of AMD CPUs, Zen, is scheduled to be released in October or so. The prices for FX should drop then.
great I am exciting to see Zen performance.

·
curmudgeon
5,930 Posts
@7850k Yeah that's how it usually goes. This thread is very nice tho with good information and no egos.

We are all excited about Zen!

• Rep+
Reactions: Welliam
1 - 14 of 14 Posts