Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do you trust AtiTool or Furmark for testing stability??
I just got my gtx 260 today and the first thing I did was run some benches
I only got a measly 14250 on 3dmark06 though lol SO now I'm overclocking and I have the core up to 721 and the shader (linked) at 1566! Furmark says its stable for twenty minutes with temps topping out at 75 C. ATiTool starts and goes just fine for 30 seconds then I get all this weird cube-like crap all over the little window, however it says that there are no errors??
Which should I trust more, Furmark, with no artifacts that I can see, or ATiTool?

·
PC Evangelist
47,375 Posts
ATItools and 10 Crysis loops

·
Premium Member
4,775 Posts
Furmark stresses your GPU much more

·
Registered
489 Posts
I use Furmark too...

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the helpful responses! I got my core up to 731 and I had to bring shaders down to 1458 and it was stable for 12 crysis GPU benchmarks and twenty minutes of Furmark, but when I try to bring my core up to 741 it doesn't budge... anybody have any idea why? BTW temps are great on Crysis 63 C and 75 C on Furmark after twenty minutes

·
Registered
864 Posts
I ran artifact free with furmark for 20 minutes but when I ran the Resident Evil 5 benchmark, almost immediately I saw artifacts and had to downclock.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
Definitely Atitool

Furmark pushes your card far beyond what it should.

I prefer just gaming to check out stability though.

·
Registered
901 Posts
Crysis, because the client has been patched and stable. Sometimes you can see artifacts, because of the client not the system. ATI-Tool and Furmark, from my exp not a good way to measure stability except to test the cooling capacity.

·
Premium Member
14,038 Posts
Generally I've found if I can get through 5 loops of the crysis bench, and one run of '06 and one run of Vantage, that my gfx clocks turn out to be stable on everything else. If that turns out to eventually be wrong with some other game, then I re-evaluate.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Awesome! I just got 16163 points on 3dmark06! That's almost a 2000 point increase from stock. I have everything perfectly stable now. The core is at 731, shaders at 1458, and memory at 1300. My score is still pretty low though because of my lame e5200... Hopefully I'll be getting a q6600 for my birthday
And just to be double sure my card was stable I did a half hour of ATiTool, twenty minutes of Furmark, and then played Fallout 3 maxed out for an hour and a half. With fan on 66 percent temps never get above 80 C. I feel very satisfied with my new card

1 - 16 of 16 Posts