Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can get my ram kit to 3866Mhz (F4-3600C16Q-64GTZR). I am using 5950x and fclk goes to 2000 easily. But the DRAM won't match the speed.

I have tried increasing voltage and relaxing all the primary timings, but it will not boot above 3866. I do not know which of the other timings are holding the frequency down at higher voltages.

Which timings should I work on to get a higher stable DRAM frequency?

·
Old to Overclock.net
2,067 Posts
What voltage are you running? I need 1.5 dram voltage to do 4000 CL 15 15 15 36 TRFC 340 TREFI 33000 (limited by platform). I am on a different platform but should be but maybe this helps.

·
Registered
8 Posts
You running 64GB. Thats hard on the MC especially since its 4*16GB BDIE.
Yes, usually 2 banks (X 2) give you better result because of motherboard pcb layout.
I use C16-3600 RAM and I am able to overclock it to 4000 MHz. I believe I still have some room to go for the RAM but the CPU infinite fabric limits the clock to 4000MHz. I do not want to un-sync the fabric and do not want to do anything silly to cook up my cpu though.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
You running 64GB. Thats hard on the MC especially since its 4*16GB BDIE.
I agree that it sounds like the IMC is what is struggling. What voltages can I change to help it, and which timings should I increase?

·
X5O!P%@AP[4\PZX54(P^)7CC)
772 Posts
Well, first I would decouple the infinity fabric and make it run at half the speed of the memory controller. Then see if you can push your memory any higher.
If so, then you were most likely hitting the limit of your IMC's infinity fabric clock. Not much to do to increase that (hard limits are usually at 1900 or 2000 for zen 3 chips)

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Well, first I would decouple the infinity fabric and make it run at half the speed of the memory controller. Then see if you can push your memory any higher.
If so, then you were most likely hitting the limit of your IMC's infinity fabric clock. Not much to do to increase that (hard limits are usually at 1900 or 2000 for zen 3 chips)
It runs over 2000 when decoupled. The RAM controller seems to be the problem.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It runs over 2000 when decoupled. The RAM controller seems to be the problem.
I am running my 5800x and DRAM at 4000MHz and IMC coupled at 4000MHz also.
You may want to check your BIOS and get the latest upgrade. According to AMD, they are trying to fine-tune their software to support higher clock. Try to get the latest BIOS with AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.2.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts