Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was really not sure where to put this, so Mods, if you have to, please move it.
Ok, now my question is...Which DVD burner would you say is the BEST from newegg for $40 or under?
Thanks!

EDIT: What do you think about this?
http://cgi.ebay.com/NO-DVD-BURNER-NE...QQcmdZViewItem

·
Premium Member
3,341 Posts
Some people say it sucks, but a few say they're good..... just to be on the safe side....

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
So, can you possibly give me a specific model of a DVD burner, that I could find on newegg for $40 or less?

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
NO it just burns +r not +/- pioneer 110 .Ive always had pioneers from the 104 days never had a problem considering they burn for something like 12hrs a day

·
Registered
59 Posts
I recently bought dual Sony DW-Q30A's and they are awesome. Sadly, newegg sells them OEM, so if you don't have any extra cables, you will have to buy some.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Check out the NEC 3550a? (not sure about the last numbers), but I have a couple of them, and they kick butt! 16x +/- r and 8x RW and 4xDL doesnt get much better than that too. Right in your price range as well.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
ok guys wow thanks! I think i will go with the lite on one...a local computer store, uses the same ones, so i think I will too! thanks!

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
OH, you are right, for $40 and under they ARE all the same. Of all the ones I have seen so far i have seen no difference besides the color, or brand name.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
i would second the NEC 3500/3550a. i own them both and have been burning tons of DVDs with minimal coasters. i dont even remember the last bad copy.

they are under $40 at newegg right now

1 - 14 of 14 Posts