Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three EK Supremacy blocks : copper/plexi - copper/acetal - full copper

I'm planning to watercool a delidded 4670K with direct contact between its die and the block, with thermal grease between them. I'll use the EK naked-Ivy precise mount for that.

Now I'm wondering if one of these blocks would be preferable, be it because it will sit directly on the die or for better temps.
And if I go copper/acetal, would that be considered as mixing metals within the loop which is better to be avoided ? ( the pipes in my rad are made from copper )

Thanks

·

13,038 Posts
You can use any one of them, they'll be the same for temps. Might be a smidgen difference with the full copper, not enough to notice.

Pick the one that appeals to you looks wise.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by kirb112 View Post

I second this. I have direct-die cooled with my Ek Supreme HF copper/acetal.
Thanks for the report, that's the kind I'm going with, the acetal non-csq one... I've found a real good bargain on that one and the looks will suit my future build.

Now I will dig around to see which thermal paste will do best for that job. I know the Gelid is a pretty good one, and that's nice to get some included in the package. But I want to hear more about it and other pastes when used for direct-die cooling, maybe find comparison tests too. Shall not be too hard to find info on that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by White Wind View Post

Thanks for the report, that's the kind I'm going with, the acetal non-csq one... I've found a real good bargain on that one and the looks will suit my future build.

Now I will dig around to see which thermal paste will do best for that job. I know the Gelid is a pretty good one, and that's nice to get some included in the package. But I want to hear more about it and other pastes when used for direct-die cooling, maybe find comparison tests too. Shall not be too hard to find info on that.
Check out CooLaboratory Liquid Pro. That stuff is amazing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts