Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for the help everyone. I will order 2 of those Sunbeam Rheobus contollers.

What fans should I get?

they will be going into a Mountain Mods Ascension Duality case. I want to get the best fans for this build.

·
Overclock? What?
3,247 Posts
I have a sunbeam and it is by far a superior fan controller and can handle a LOT of watts!

·
Registered
3,074 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg
View Post

Hmm..I think i'm gonna leave this one alone lol. I'll let Marin set you straight on what makes a San Ace 10 times the fan that a Slipstream is.

id like to know what makes them better as well lol

·
Overclock? What?
3,247 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wiccan_creed
View Post

Sleeved bearing on the SY1225SL12SH is a dead give away for starters.

Yeah, and I think slipstreams are crap when it comes to static pressure.

·
Premium Member
12,534 Posts
The san ace is an industrial fan, made by sanyo in japan. It uses a double ball bearing, and a very high quality motor. Rated at 180,000 hours MTBF. It's specs are actually UNDERRATED. Meaning it actually is quieter and pushes more air that it says it does.

The slipstream is a cheaply made chinese fan. It uses a sleeve bearing, which gets hot, and can fail if the fan is position horizontally (like at the top of a case), or if it's drawing air through an air filter, and is overall not good quality. It uses a motor meant for 80mm fans, not 120mm. It's rated at only 30,000 hours MTBF. It's specs (noise for sure) are kinda..overrated. Oh and it's useless for a heatsink as it has no static pressure to speak of.

·
Premium Member
17,206 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

slipstreams have more cfm
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16835185060

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=193126

Quote:

These fans have next to no pressure and are pretty crappy build wise.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ljason8eg
View Post

The san ace is an industrial fan, made by sanyo in japan. It uses a double ball bearing, and a very high quality motor. Rated at 180,000 hours MTBF. It's specs are actually UNDERRATED. Meaning it actually is quieter and pushes more air that it says it does.

The slipstream is a cheaply made chinese fan. It uses a sleeve bearing, which gets hot, and can fail if the fan is position horizontally (like at the top of a case), or if it's drawing air through an air filter, and is overall not good quality. It uses a motor meant for 80mm fans, not 120mm. It's rated at only 30,000 hours MTBF. It's specs (noise for sure) are kinda..overrated. Oh and it's useless for a heatsink as it has no static pressure to speak of.

Well said.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts