Premium Member
6,183 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: tincanman

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i see that the lamptron is very good, but unfortunately it's out of my price range

i heard that the logisys fan controller tend to have problems after 1 month
and the NZXT Sentry 2 seems to make some fans make strange noise
and I don't know about the kaze master

·
Premium Member
4,678 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tincanman
View Post

i see that the lamptron is very good, but unfortunately it's out of my price range

i heard that the logisys fan controller tend to have problems after 1 month
and the NZXT Sentry 2 seems to make some fans make strange noise
and I don't know about the kaze master

How about this sunbeam controller?

·
Premium Member
2,606 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by FREELINE57
View Post

How about this sunbeam controller?

This is absolutely my vote as well, even though it isn't a choice in the poll.
I run a rheobus and a rheobus extreme in my two rigs, both were easy installs and neither have given me issues.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
Here is the FC4, it's only $29.99+ shipping... Currently, Newegg only has the silver model. That's the one I have, but I took off the front casing of it and spray painted it black and it looks great to me.

It DOES come with a very short molex power connector, though.... I had to work some magic to get mine hooked up properly without messing up my cable management. If you have a molex extension, you would be fine. But if not, make sure you have adequate room for it to each.

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaeljr1186
View Post

Lamptron FC2

neither does the scythe, from scythe usa I was told they were incompatible with several types of fans (I didn't believe him).

Get the Lamptron.

Quote:

Originally Posted by donutpirate
View Post

Here is the FC4, it's only $29.99+ shipping... Currently, Newegg only has the silver model. That's the one I have, but I took off the front casing of it and spray painted it black and it looks great to me.

It DOES come with a very short molex power connector, though.... I had to work some magic to get mine hooked up properly without messing up my cable management. If you have a molex extension, you would be fine. But if not, make sure you have adequate room for it to each.

I did that to my lamptron, but to the back so I'd have both black and white - only to realize the holes weren't tapped through.

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
i don't know about the sunbeam one. from newegg reviews, it seems that it's ok but not great. that scythe kaze master is actually better. I think I might go with the scythe kaze master or the sunbeam one(because of the cheap prive
)

·
Data Scientist
384 Posts
DON'T get the Lamptron FC-2. It doesn't handle PWM very well, and makes a lot of fans squeal when turned down. Search around, we had a big thread about this the other day involving Scythe fans. Several of us ended up switching it for the Sunbeam Rheobus/Rheobus Extreme.

The FC-2 looks good on paper, but in practice it's fail.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.