Overclock.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
How many fans? How much power do you need?

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
the nzxt sentry 2 is a good controller. touchscreen, 5 fans, temp probes, etc.

I personally used it myself and liked it alot.

Only issue I had was that it made my fans make a weird grinding/clicking type noise. However, this was a known issue with my specific fans(cooler master R4 120mm)

Your's should be perfectly fine

·
Gamer
1,359 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mwl5apv;13037444
the nzxt sentry 2 is a good controller. touchscreen, 5 fans, temp probes, etc.

I personally used it myself and liked it alot.

Only issue I had was that it made my fans make a weird grinding/clicking type noise. This was a known issue with my fans though(cooler master R4 120mm)

Your should be perfectly fine though.
This^ I currently use it in my system.

All the information you need on it - http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811992005&cm_re=fan_controller_sentry-_-11-992-005-_-Product

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,822 Posts
NZXT fan controlers are touch screen. Been using mine for over a year with no problems.

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift;13037397
5 fans...don't really know much about how much power etc...going to be using 5x 120mm Noiseblockers XLP
Those are PWM. Did you buy them yet?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunderman456;13037472
NZXT fan controlers are touch screen. Been using mine for over a year with no problems.
Oh I just ment I like the dials ,, just my opinion/taste. I probably shouldnt have said anything.

·
Premium Member
13,409 Posts
Any 4 knob controller will suit your needs. Scythe and Zalman are the ones I trust. The NZXT Sentry LX is a good one too, but it takes up 2 bays.

Out of all the ones I have looked at, picked up, examined the construction; Zalman and Scythe seem to be higher quality.

I own a Zalman ZM-MFC2 and love it. Everything still works great. Keep in mind that you are able to use Y connectors to split one controller into 2 fans or even more. I use one for my 2 top fans, 1 for my 2 cpu fans, I have 4 fans on another (front and side), then the last one is my exhaust.

Most of the temp sensors are useless, other than ambient temp. Don't stick them on your CPU or Video GPU... Use Windows utilities instead.

All other touch screens, aside from the Zalman Sentry 2, are complete garbage!

·
Premium Member
2,857 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phaseshift;13037773
No I haven't but I'll prob get the non pwm since I'm getting a fc. Btw do I need a molex connector for the nzxt? I don't have any molex on my psu
If you're budgeted, the NZXT Sentry2 is the way to go. 5 channels, 10w per channel and should be able to run all your fans (but limited to run more than 1 fan per channel).

If you want higher quality and don't mind spending a few more bucks, get the Lamptron Touch. 6 channels, 30w per channel and will easily run 2 or more fans per channel, and if you get higher power fans later on you won't have to worry about replacing the fan controller.

overclockers.com Review

Performance PCS + video review

Surely all newer PSUs have molex connectors. If you don't have one available, you'll need to get a 4-pin molex y-splitter if thats what you meant.

·
Registered
3,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:
Originally Posted by gymenii;13038366
If you're budgeted, the NZXT Sentry2 is the way to go. 5 channels, 10w per channel and should be able to run all your fans (but limited to run more than 1 fan per channel).

If you want higher quality and don't mind spending a few more bucks, get the Lamptron Touch. 6 channels, 30w per channel and will easily run 2 or more fans per channel, and if you get higher power fans later on you won't have to worry about replacing the fan controller.

overclockers.com Review

Performance PCS + video review

Surely all newer PSUs have molex connectors. If you don't have one available, you'll need to get a 4-pin molex y-splitter if thats what you meant.
hmm I might just go with the lamptron it looks slick and performs well...either that or an aquatuning but that one is most expensive lol

1 - 16 of 16 Posts