Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Banned
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am going to high school next year, and so it looks like my parents will be getting me a cellphone. this cellphone will be on AT&T or Verizon. what would you guys reccomend? i would prefer something that isn't obsenely expensive that runs android 2.1

·
Registered
1,721 Posts
Something with a physical keyboard.. I prefer WM powered phones.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Droid for sure. It doesn't run on 2.1 yet but it will be soon. Only thing to run on android 2.1 currently is the nexus one i think.

·
Registered
3,796 Posts
The Droid is great and it's about 10 time better with a modded ROM on it, it will seriously amaze you with the stuff the ROM developers do. It looks cooler, it's significantly faster and even does more. Motorola underclocked the Droid from 600mhz to 550mhz but I made up for it by setting it to 900mhz where it is 110% stable. I could go high but there's no need to.

·
Registered
724 Posts
I've got my eyes set on the Backflip. If your getting a smartphone either way.. it looks like its capable of pretty much whatever you want it to do.

thats *if* you go the at&t route.

·
Banned
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
just heard about the htc evo 4g. it looks a lot like an improved hd2 running android. i will probably end up on sprint just for that
any opinions on the evo 4g? thanks

1 - 10 of 10 Posts