Votes: 2 6.9%
  • Other

Votes: 12 41.4%
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I really don´t know,i´m getting a gift next week but i really don´t know what to get.
I haven´t tried WOW yet,but it looks good,far cry 2 has had so many critics that i don´t know if i should get it or not.Crysis looks good and i like it but it doesn´t convince me and Half life 2 episode 2 looks great but it´s only a single player and i already have the hl2 multiplayer,so i don´t know.COH looks great and i tried the demo but it´s very slow sometimes,and WiC is too slow it doesn´t have the action i was expecting.

If there are any other suggestions,tell me i wanna know,but those are the games i´d like to get.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by waylo88
View Post

Wait it out and get L4D. Hell, pre-order it and get access to the early demo on the 6th.

I´ve been waiting for too long,i prefer one of those games.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Fallout 3,yeah i considered that game and it looked great but no MP,and i always play multiplayer games,that didn´t convince me.

·
Initializing...
23,790 Posts
Wait for Left 4 Dead or Call of Duty World At War.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dobbie View Post
If you're talking about COD4, that's the way to go. I love playing MP all the time. But try the beta of COD [email protected] first and if you like that just wait till it comes out

Yeah i meant COD4 ^^,that´s why i want a different game,fall out 3 looks awesome but no mp,but maybe i should just get anyway i have other games for mp.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Wow i just saw some videos of Left 4 Dead and i gotta say man,it´s Awesome!,it´s the best game i´ve seen in a long time,unfortunately i´m gonna have to wait to get,but man i gotta get that as soon as it comes out,besides i´ll have more time to play it by then ^^.
Left 4 Dead is the winner,fallout 3 looks really good but left4 dead.....
I may get HL2 E2 and 3 from steam later,i refuse to pay 40 bucks for a full box with only a game i want in there,a game which costs $15 in steam.

·
Premium Member
2,463 Posts
FarCry 2 really isn't as good as people say to an experienced FPS player. The mouse has huge negative acceleration, the game rewards spray and pray tactics, you can't lean, and the AI is very computery (bullets hit you when their gun isn't even aimed at you, they know where you are even though you haven't even entered their view, ect).

It feels consolish, everything has a system, like collect all 250 jewel cases, scout all 50 outposts, its all formulaic, like Ubi took the design documents and turned it straight into the game without any inspiration.

Now I have to say though, the environment is amazing. The artists obviously put tons of effors into recreating Africa, unfortunately the story and gameplay mechanics are not as inspired.

Personally I think Crysis/Crysis Warhead is a far better game (if you can run high settings), and the Orange Box is obviously the best deal. Portal, EP2, and TF2 are all great games.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts