Overclock.net banner

Which GPU to get?

285 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Katana 
#1 ·
I have a evga 7800gt pci-express, and anytime I played a game it crashed in Vista, and it was because of the drivers. So I uninstalled Vista and put XP on and it all works fine, but now Nvidia has released new drivers and I think they might fix it but I don't wanna risk it, so I was going to buy a new video card and sell this one. Lets say I got $120 for it, what card would be the best to buy, I plan on buying a nice DX10 one around Xmas when the technology advances and gets better. So for around $120-$150 what would be a good card. Here's the games I play or plan on playing this year:
CSS
HL2
Insurgency
FarCry
Crysis
F.E.A.R
Halo 2
Doom3
STALKER
Infernal

#2 ·
i'm done speculating about Crysis. nobody knows about what will run it at what settings. everyone is just guessing.

some of the games you listed have the potential for HDR and Anti Aliasing, so the best card in your price range would be a Radoen X1950 Pro. nVidia 7 series cards can't run HDR and AA simultaneously.

however, your current video card isn't bad. your performance gains won't be stellar. maybe you should just keep saving your money until you can afford an 8800 or 2900.

#3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBungle View Post
i'm done speculating about Crysis. nobody knows about what will run it at what settings. everyone is just guessing.

some of the games you listed have the potential for HDR and Anti Aliasing, so the best card in your price range would be a Radoen X1950 Pro. nVidia 7 series cards can't run HDR and AA simultaneously.

however, your current video card isn't bad. your performance gains won't be stellar. maybe you should just keep saving your money until you can afford an 8800 or 2900.
Exactly. For what you have and how much you have to spend, your really not going to see THAT great of a performance increase. Personally, I would save your money till you can get something like a 8800 or 2900.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.