Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have the below mentioned system, and i would like to upgrade my graphics card. I will be mostly gaming (BF3, Skyrim, Batman...).
I'm thinking of getting a gtx 560ti 2gb version, what do you guys think?

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But there is a slight problem with that upgrade. Here in Serbia there are only 1gb models and 1 2gb model, because of that, the store that sells it bumped the price of it to 300euros. Which sucks, i can buy a gtx 570 for that money, but it will bottleneck. What should i do?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by effective View Post

But there is a slight problem with that upgrade. Here in Serbia there are only 1gb models and 1 2gb model, because of that, the store that sells it bumped the price of it to 300euros. Which sucks, i can buy a gtx 570 for that money, but it will bottleneck. What should i do?
Buy the 1gb version?

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:

I don't think it has enough vram?
If you play games at 1920x1080 I think it will be enough. You only need more when gaming with more than one monitor... or that's what I've heard.

·
Dank Souls
9,078 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viski View Post

If you play games at 1920x1080 I think it will be enough. You only need more when gaming with more than one monitor... or that's what I've heard.
Not entirely true, Some games like Crysis and Skyrim(With mods) Will eat Vram

I would go with no less then 2gb's

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:

I'm worried, because bf3 uses more than 1gb of vram. Could use more opinions!
@viski: tnx
@ken: tnx
Oh... does it? See this:

Look at Radeon HD 6950 1gb and 2gb... no difference in BF3.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Viski View Post

Oh... does it? See this:
Look at Radeon HD 6950 1gb and 2gb... no difference in BF3.
That appears to be on 'High Settings', whereas the game goes up to 'Ultra'.

I believe that it's when you start pushing the Anti-Aliasing to higher levels that VRAM usage starts to go above 1GB at 1080p.

2GB is the way to go
thumb.gif

·
Premium Member
699 Posts
I would honestly recommend going for a 2GB version. Well at least 1.5-2GB for whatever gfx card you choose. There are numerous threads on here that can be found via the search feature that show the benefits of the extra VRAM. That being said, don't be afraid to look at an AMD card IF it's cheaper for you. I personally am an nVIDIA guy but at that level AMD might be able to help with your budget. If you don't want to do that, go for the 2GB 560ti. Good Luck.

• Rep+
Reactions: effective

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shion314 View Post

I would honestly recommend going for a 2GB version. Well at least 1.5-2GB for whatever gfx card you choose. There are numerous threads on here that can be found via the search feature that show the benefits of the extra VRAM. That being said, don't be afraid to look at an AMD card IF it's cheaper for you. I personally am an nVIDIA guy but at that level AMD might be able to help with your budget. If you don't want to do that, go for the 2GB 560ti. Good Luck.
I was thinking of going for AMD 6950, but i heard it will bottleneck my CPU, i have the stock cooler for my CPU so i really don't want to OC it because i have to buy a new cooler, which is not an option. What do you think?

EDIT: Nvidia fanboy here
biggrin.gif
thumb.gif

·
Registered
213 Posts
If there are no ill effects of having the hd6950 bottlencked then go for it because that means that you can carry it to another build with you. Also look around to see if you could find an upgrade q6600 or the like that's what i did managed to pick on up with my new case for free (case was $120) it wont fully un-bottleneck but it will be better.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Quote:

I can't order internationally, i don't want to pay shipping. We don't have PayPal here
mad.gif

I just have to find a 2gb version under 300 euros now... Wish me luck!
Thanks guys!
Maybe you could order from Montenegro? It's your neigbour country, right?
Cause... I found this and this etc. I think this shop is there... not sure...

·
How many volts!?
3,430 Posts
Honestly, coming from a 3GB 580 to x2 470's I kept the same settings in Battlefield 3 and only saw FPS boosts and performance gains.

All Ultra, x4-x8 AA, x2 MSAA and I never lag or jitter whatsoever. Also, with my "1280MB cards" It'll only peak at about 1250MB. So honestly, I would get what you can afford/want.

Also, I game at 1080p.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I would get a GTX 570 for that price point. yes it will bottleneck your cpu but so would a gtx 560ti 2gb..... the 570 is faster in every way and with 1280mb vram it is enough for most situations. And you will get the full performance of the card when you up grade your CPU later on down the road.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts