Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So i'm figuring out if my current graphics card is dying, and I'm also looking to get a different card because my current card has caused me too much grief.

So, what card setup would you recommend I have in my sig rig that would be fitting to the machine and not under or over kill, but just perfect

thanks for your opinions and explanations are always welcome.

·
Registered
2,497 Posts
Gtx590/6990

·
Registered
2,021 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkZenRitual
View Post

gtx 57O or 6950

that would be a downgrade

·
( ━☞´◔‿ゝ◔`)━ ☞
6,605 Posts
Unless he meant to SLI/Crossfire two of them.

·
Registered
2,798 Posts
Either a GTX 590 or an HD 6990

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Since you have an AMD Radeon HD 5970, then single GPU cards are out of the question. I'd recommend you either the nVidia GeForce GTX 590 or the AMD Radeon HD 6990. Those are the only two cards where you'll see a performance increase.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well my sole goal is not performance increase. I have had a decent amount of problems with my 5970 and drivers issues with my games, ranging from having to disable a core to make one game run properly, and now I am having other issues with the card, because of my experience with the card i currently have I have lost some faith in ATI. I am wondering what graphics card you think would be "a nice fit" (as in to the quality of the other components).

I also bought the card from ebay, so it may just be a bad card. So in essense I am not very excited or willing to shell out the money for another 5970, this one had too many issues.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yea i've read that the 590 has some driver issues. after my 5970 I'm pretty tired of them so looks like i'll have to make a visit to ebay at some point.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.