Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just want to hit 800-850 core, I know every chip differs but what brands have people getting good luck with? I don't care about lifetime warranty and stuff, I'm not gonna cry if my card can't hit 850 @ 1087.

I have a choice between these cards:
http://www.canadacomputers.com/advan...55a&filter_id=

The Asus is cheapest

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Asus, good warranty and its the cheapest. You should get a decent VID from them but its luck of the draw.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fusion Racing View Post
Asus, good warranty and its the cheapest. You should get a decent VID from them but its luck of the draw.
The picture shows it as the Voltage Tweak edition, I assume the BIOS isn't unlocked to 1.2v?

Fusion...

"Originally Posted by 3dfxvoodoo
if the psu is hot and producing hot electric then what it is feeding is going to be feed hot electric and there for will be hot."

I lol'd

·
Premium Member
3,044 Posts
Asus, easy choice, though I'm a huge EVGA fan..

+1 for the Asus, they have good customer support in the event anything goes wrong, and at that price there's no reason to get another brand

Do note though, the Asus is on backorder... in which case I'd have to say go Gigabyte.. I'm not a fan of PNY in any form. All the 470's are the same really... and Gigabyte is alright with support.

·
Registered
3,622 Posts
I have an EVGA and I love it. Stock VID was 950mV and I have been able to hit 870 on water and 1.087v. It has been such a solid card. I don't ever run it OC'd though, I only play TF2 for the most part. I wanted it mostly for the lifetime warranty. I hope to RMA it in a few generations and get a newer card.

My second choice would have been ASUS. I don't think I have heard a bad story about their products in recent memory. I will be highly considering them next time I need a serious hardware upgrade.

·
Registered
3,315 Posts
man in the past decade i have not gotten a single GPU that overclocks well. haha

Ive always liked the customer support / quality of the cards from evga, asus, and msi seems to be decent.

·
I'm gonna need a sweeper
7,568 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Scorpion667 View Post
The picture shows it as the Voltage Tweak edition, I assume the BIOS isn't unlocked to 1.2v?
My one wasn't, it went to 1.087 like every other card. It just means that if you overvolt it their warranty covers it - obviously that means absolutely nothing though so its a marketing thing.

·
Registered
3,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Munkypoo7 View Post
Do note though, the Asus is on backorder
The local store confirmed they have it in stock, I am not buying it online. I was looking at that earlier as well, good catch.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.