Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys

So I'm hopefully going to upgrade soon to a 5770, and my main issue is cooling. As far as I can see the only difference between the models are the fan, none of my choice comes with a game.

So these are my options:

Which cooler is the best?

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replys, but please stick to the cards listed. Other cards are either not available or out of my price range. That MSI card is 20 euros more expensive then the others, is it really worth the extra cash?

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by .:hybrid:.
View Post

Thanks for the replys, but please stick to the cards listed. Other cards are either not available or out of my price range. That MSI card is 20 euros more expensive then the others, is it really worth the extra cash?

Couldn't you get 20 more euros?

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
If you have to chose from that list, go with the V1 reference cooler from Powercolor; the aftermarket cooler designs above do not have sufficient cooling for the memory or VRMs.

·
Registered
4,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by KruperTrooper
View Post

Couldn't you get 20 more euros?

I looked through Guru3D benchmarks and on average it got 1 more fps on games. I'm not planning on overclocking because I think my PSU would die. And I'm not shelling out 20 euros for one more frame.

·
semi-legit
7,981 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by .:hybrid:.
View Post

I looked through Guru3D benchmarks and on average it got 1 more fps on games. I'm not planning on overclocking because I think my PSU would die. And I'm not shelling out 20 euros for one more frame.

That was while running the card stock at 875/1200, believe me you'll see more than 1fps difference once you push that card

While only a synthetic reference; G3D averaged over 10fps more in their vantage testing with their OCs.

Again, if just sticking with the cards from the list, go with the Powercolor V1.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts