Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What would be the best board to go with, I can't find much information on the Gigabyte DS4 on this forum. I noticed the layout of the Gigabyte DS4 is totally different from the DS3 and I know the P5B Deluxe would be a better buy over the DS3. Can the DS4 match the P5B Deluxe (or better)?

The DS4 is €20 cheaper.

·
Registered
1,150 Posts
P5B Deluxe

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
I've been hearing that the P5B-Deluxe is better than the DS3, but I'm not sure how the DS4 stacks up. I think it would be worth doing some research on.

• Rep+
Reactions: Acoma_Andy

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Allright

Any reasons as to why? I'm just wondering if it will bring a E6300 to 3.0Ghz because that's where the overclock will stop. Will be combined with an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Acoma_Andy View Post
Allright

Any reasons as to why? I'm just wondering if it will bring a E6300 to 3.0Ghz because that's where the overclock will stop. Will be combined with an Arctic Freezer 7 Pro.
I know the P5B will

·
Premium Member
4,752 Posts
You would probably do well to research for yourself. Those who have the P5B are saying P5B but are they biased since they have one themselves? You need to find some who have used both and can give you to pros and cons for both. To just say P5B without giving the informations is not very good advice as one does not learn anything.

·
Banned
6,776 Posts
Ropey is right. Here in the U.S., we only have the P5B Deluxe and the DS4 is not for sale.

IMO, you should look for some reviews on the DS4, try XS, I believe there was a review in the Intel section and it was pretty good also, when compared to the ASUS Deluxe line.

And the DS3 can pretty much keep up with the ASUS Deluxe boards: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid...e=expert&pid=7

And if I can recall, isn't the DS4 a supped up DS3? IMO, go for the one that cost less.....

Honestly, I like GIGABYTE board but I cannot take their "fruit cake" color scheme, I can't stand 'em, give a BLACK PCB GIGABYTE and I'm there.

·
Old school
14,411 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nasgul
View Post

Ropey is right. Here in the U.S., we only have the P5B Deluxe and the DS4 is not for sale.

IMO, you should look for some reviews on the DS4, try XS, I believe there was a review in the Intel section and it was pretty good also, when compared to the ASUS Deluxe line.

And the DS3 can pretty much keep up with the ASUS Deluxe boards: http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid...e=expert&pid=7

And if I can recall, isn't the DS4 a supped up DS3? IMO, go for the one that cost less.....

Honestly, I like GIGABYTE board but I cannot take their "fruit cake" color scheme, I can't stand 'em, give a BLACK PCB GIGABYTE and I'm there.

Yes and it seems the DS4 has a completely different layout then the DS3 so I figured it might have much better performance and BIOS options. I don't mind the color on the PCB because I won't be looking at it after it's in the case anyway

1 - 12 of 12 Posts