Overclock.net banner

Which is Better?

1K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Lando95 
#1 ·
Hey, new to the forums, but which card is better? ATI AIW 9800 PRO or the nVidia 6600 GT? (AGP 8x) please.

#5 ·
I'll tell you honestly to look up some reviews on the 6600GT. it blows any version of the 9800 out of the water.

BTW this is easly proven here on the site. check out the 3Dmark sticky. in there you will see the scores every one has gotten. you will eventualy come to my scores and notice my 6600GT beats all the 9800's

#9 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

amen to that 51k aqm3 and still room for tweaking

thats a great score, but how much of an over clock ya got on it?

were talking stock for stock here, not stock vs OC'ed

my stock aqm3 score is only 6000 less than your score there if I was to oc I would almost bet Id beat it.

#11 ·
Hmm you now have me tempted to reOC my 6600GT.
when I did it just for giggles I got nearly a 1000 mark increase in 3dmark03.

kina curious what that would come out like in some thing not nearly as intence.

#12 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

The 9800PRO is better, the 6600 may have higher frequencies and DDR2/DDR3, but that will make no difference at all since its only available with 64/128bit memory buses.

It does use a 128bit memory bus, but the card is designed differently, it's some kind of hybrid. The 6600GT will totally and completely OWN a 9800pro.

#14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by ThE_GeNeRaL

nah it will get the same lets just check oc the crap out of that 6600gt and your cpu then run aqm3 then we can see

Every review I have read puts the 6600GT way ahead of the 9800pro.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.