• Others? Post a reply!

Votes: 3 1.2%
1 - 20 of 125 Posts

·
Questionnaire galore!
6,123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
browser-logos.png

Which Internet Browser do you use as your Primary?

This is an updated version of my older thread "What Browser Do You Use?" And I'm redoing it since the curiosity must be fed, and I to want to reset the numbers.

I've still made it multiple choice since some people do run two browsers at once, one for work and one for personal and it could still be considered Primary browsers right? Well I personally use Opera and Chrome.

If you're not using a mainstream browser then post a reply and let us know why you're using it as your primary. I'm sure people would love to know.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsc1973 View Post

Pale Moon x64
Oh damn, I forgot all about Pale Moon.

I think I'll use it for a while to see what I think of it now that I've become extremely accustomed to Firefox's new default theme.

·
Registered
1,437 Posts
I'm running Firefox here. Mostly because of the customization with the UI...I can move around buttons and stuff just the way I like which is something I'm quite picky about.

Also, the sync seems to work the best of the ones I've tried (Chrome, Firefox and Opera).
thumb.gif

·
Super Moderator
9,194 Posts
Waterfox on my desktop, Firefox on my laptop, and Mercury on my phone. It's way less stable than Safari but has adblock without needing to jailbreak FWIW.

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
I'm back to Firefox because Pale Moon failed to render a product page on Target.com properly while Firefox has no problem with it. I refuse to tolerate that. :)

·
Old school gamer
1,889 Posts
Well I guess I will be flamed but I use IE. It works on every page I go to, is stable and fast, never had an issue.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Chrome is life. Chrome is love.
My mom and stepmom still use IE....gross.

Going to check out Pale Moon as I have never heard of it and am intereset.

·
Amiga 500
3,680 Posts
Waterfox on desktop , Firefox on laptop , Dolphin on phone
biggrin.gif

·
Super Moderator
9,194 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwoCables View Post

I'm back to Firefox because Pale Moon failed to render a product page on Target.com properly while Firefox has no problem with it. I refuse to tolerate that.
smile.gif
I tried Pale Moon for a bit. Extensions worked fine, but yeah, there are some pages it won't render properly. It does work with my online textbooks/homework though, which is very surprising, while Waterfox doesn't. So I have three browsers that are basically the same lol. (Including stock Firefox.)

·
Not new to Overclock.net
77,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mopar63 View Post

Well I guess I will be flamed but I use IE. It works on every page I go to, is stable and fast, never had an issue.
thumb.gif
OMG YOU'RE A NOOB!! BLEAARRGHH FLAMEWAR!! or something. :)

I couldn't resist. hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynicalUnicorn View Post

I tried Pale Moon for a bit. Extensions worked fine, but yeah, there are some pages it won't render properly. It does work with my online textbooks/homework though, which is very surprising, while Waterfox doesn't. So I have three browsers that are basically the same lol. (Including stock Firefox.)
Oh wow. Well that settles it: I'm uninstalling Pale Moon right now. Hey, at least now I know. :)

·
Premium Member
4,166 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiz766 View Post

Chrome is life. Chrome is love.
My mom and stepmom still use IE....gross.

Going to check out Pale Moon as I have never heard of it and am intereset.
Pale Moon is basically pre-Australis Firefox, only recompiled as a 64-bit program. When Mozilla adds or removes features from FF, the Pale Moon devs make their own decisions about whether to follow Mozilla's lead. They've changed enough to where it doesn't necessarily behave like standard FF anymore.

A couple of people on here have reported that it didn't render a page properly for them, but that's never happened to me. Just depends on where you surf, I guess. Anyway, if you liked classic Firefox, you'll like Pale Moon. If you like the way Chrome does things, stick with it. If you like the way Chrome does things but don't want Google spying on you, use standard Firefox, which these days, is basically a Chrome clone using a different browser engine. If you just want convenience and don't care if it's slow, use IE.

1 - 20 of 125 Posts