Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi !

I would be building a rig in about am month time and i have choose all the parts that im going to get besides the case . I was thinking of a a mid tower case with a window and has good airflow .
there is 3 case that im currently trying to decide on

Bitfenix shinobi
Corsair 300r
Cooler master haf 912 advance

Im leaning more towards the shinobi due to its design but if the other two cases have better airflow/utilities in them i would pick them . And anyone knows a good windowed case do tell me about it
biggrin.gif

Thanks!

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
in my opinion. i say the 300R is the best bang for buck:thumb:

·
: ( ) { : | : & } ; :
4,048 Posts
I'd probably say bitfenix shinobi. and to make this easier why not make a poll with options? I found that to make things much easier. I guess another case I can suggest is the nzxt switch 810, its a huge case! but it has an epic side window. Just add plenty of fans and you'll have some great airflow.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the comments
biggrin.gif
I didnt want to put a poll as i think that people will just chose the case they have and i wanted to see why people would chose the case
biggrin.gif
The switch 810 looks like a nice case but its way off my budget , sorry but i forgotten to add that the price of the case should be around the haf 912 advance .

Will the corsair 500r have the best airflow among the other 3 case? The 500r looks easy enough to mod a window on it .

Thanks !

·
4,048 Posts
Ah. yeah... definitely the Corsair 300r then, get the one with a window if you want a window
thumb.gif

·
Registered
2,856 Posts
oh god. its soooo nice
drool.gif

·
Banned
1,422 Posts
300R shouldn't have a Corsair logo on it, IMO. The Diablotek Evo and NZXT Source 210 elite have better build quality.

Shinobi is good, but the fans in it are fairly anemic, especially with the restrictive front. It benefits a lot from a few fans.

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks guys for your reply
biggrin.gif
i guess i will go for the bitfenix shinobi , will the airflow be better if i but 2 120 mm in the front , 1 120mm at the bottom and 1 120mm at the back , will that be enough to cool down the gpu / cpu ? Or how would you advice to put the fans ? And what are good fan brands?
I just saw the 600t and its probably the sexiest case i have ever seen
tongue.gif
Do you guys think spending about $90 more for the 600t would be worth it ?

Thanks !

·
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisys View Post

Thanks guys for your reply
biggrin.gif
i guess i will go for the bitfenix shinobi , will the airflow be better if i but 2 120 mm in the front , 1 120mm at the bottom and 1 120mm at the back , will that be enough to cool down the gpu / cpu ? Or how would you advice to put the fans ? And what are good fan brands?
I just saw the 600t and its probably the sexiest case i have ever seen
tongue.gif
Do you guys think spending about $90 more for the 600t would be worth it ?
Thanks !
Sure it could be, that would've been another case I could have ended up with, but didn't. though if your looking at this price point you can get a switch 810 for $10 cheaper. but if you want the mid tower quality then go for it
tongue.gif

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
But would getting such a 'big' mid tower case like the 600t be a waste or useless for me as i think that i am not intending to use watercooling in the future?

The parts i would be getting is

CPU+MB : intel i5 3570 + asrock b75
Ram : Gskills ripjaw x 2x4gb
SSD : crucial m4 128gb
HDD : Hitachi 1tb
PSU Seasonic m1211 620w
Odd : Lg 24x
GPU Sapphire hd7950 oc boost

I really like the bitfenix shinobi but saw many people online talking about the airflow not being good , or would it think it would be okay if im not overclocking ?

Thanks
biggrin.gif

·
4,048 Posts
I think nearly any case can work if you don't intend on overclocking. Would you want a case with a window? how about extreme silence? it would help to know your criteria.

·
4,048 Posts

·
4,048 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cisys View Post

Thanks for your replys ! I will be sure to check out those cases
biggrin.gif
no problems. just say what you'll go with
thumb.gif

·
Registered
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for all your input guys
biggrin.gif
I guess i would get either the 500r or the shinobi as they look pretty simple . I just notice that im going to put my case at a small corner of only 21cm to fit the computer and the 500r and the shinobi seem to fit! The 500r mesh seems easy to be removed and be replaced with a acrylic piece for a window
biggrin.gif
And it has pretty good cooling from what i read at bit-tech .

Thanks !

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.