Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've finally figured out how to post after several days. Great site here.
I'm stuck on ASUS boards P4P800-E, P4P800S (& S-X), P4S800 ETC...
Will a P4 2.4A perform oc to the equal of a stock P4 3.0?
Should I oc or get the larger CPU?
Thanks

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
your mobo is awsum! u dont need to change it!
that cpu is one of the best OCing processors out there. u can get better peerformance OCing it then just buying a 3ghz. but u need good cooling and good ram! o yeah and WELCOME

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A oc'd 2.4A is going to get how hot, and how much air cooling will it actually need (moneywise?

·
Premium Member
3,990 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

your mobo is awsum! u dont need to change it!
that cpu is one of the best OCing processors out there. u can get better peerformance OCing it then just buying a 3ghz. but u need good cooling and good ram! o yeah and WELCOME

Just a question since I'm getting something like that.. you talking about the 2.4, 533mhz fsb, 1MB cache right?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
My daughter wants a new computer, and I'm on a budget. I'd like to save money by oc'ing a new P4 2.4A, but need to know if cooling and a power supply are going to raise the price to the level where i might be better off purchasing a P4 3.0 +-.
Water cooling is out of the question. Is cheap air cooling possible for 2.4A?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

Just a question since I'm getting something like that.. you talking about the 2.4, 533mhz fsb, 1MB cache right?

Correct. Cheap at Newegg. I'm not sure if I'm ordering it yet, trying to get a budget build feedback.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts