Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
Anthropomancy is rather frowned upon, and my tea leaves are broken. :ROFLMAO:

Other rumours floating around say Zen 4 won't overclock much if at all, so who knows.

As for motherboards... buy one of each as they're released, that way all bases are covered. ;)

·
Expert pin bender
3,022 Posts
Going by history, the clock speeds they show will be maxed. Overclocking is gone, and it really sucks they bin top clocks to top end cpus. I find it funny how these duopolies keep copying each other on product stacks... really fishy if you ask me...

·
Linux Lobbyist
974 Posts
AMD is already using EUV, and is not using PowerVia yet. Intel is first time using EUV, and is also not using PowerVia yet. This means Intel was more behind AMD (manufacturing wise), that they might have their "Fine-Wine" moment now with using EUV.

AMD Chiplet design in general doesn't support higher clocks with higher wattage (it will now, due to some redesign and lower node, but still probably not as much as Intel). Intel Monolithic design supports higher clocks at higher wattage with reduced efficiency at the top.

So going by laws physics, going by architecture design, and the fact than Intel might get some extra oomph with EUV (or may not). The likeliest scenario is the 7600x will not be able to clock stable 6.0GHz without extreme overclocking. So it's gonna teether at 5.7-5.85GHz max with Air/AIO/Custom Cooling.

With Intel 13600K/F/13400 either doing the same, or slightly breaking the 6.0GHz barrier (depending on if first-gen EUV is a burden to Intel or not).

·
Expert pin bender
3,022 Posts
AMD is already using EUV, and is not using PowerVia yet. Intel is first time using EUV, and is also not using PowerVia yet. This means Intel was more behind AMD (manufacturing wise), that they might have their "Fine-Wine" moment now with using EUV.

AMD Chiplet design in general doesn't support higher clocks with higher wattage (it will now, due to some redesign and lower node, but still probably not as much as Intel). Intel Monolithic design supports higher clocks at higher wattage with reduced efficiency at the top.

So going by laws physics, going by architecture design, and the fact than Intel might get some extra oomph with EUV (or may not). The likeliest scenario is the 7600x will not be able to clock stable 6.0GHz without extreme overclocking. So it's gonna teether at 5.7-5.85GHz max with Air/AIO/Custom Cooling.

With Intel 13600K/F/13400 either doing the same, or slightly breaking the 6.0GHz barrier (depending on if first-gen EUV is a burden to Intel or not).
I am going to say right out front, 6ghz isn't happening on either brand in 24/7 use. Not counting ln2 or suicide runs. I think AMD showed already the max they can get is roughly 5.6/5.5
Intel may get same or slightly edge.

I do like the idea of comparing them clock for clock though. Will be interesting to see.

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,952 Posts
6ghz+ is probably what ram you will want.

·
Bowser Has Ryzen!!
4,824 Posts
Get the rectangle one.

·
Iconoclast
32,786 Posts

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,952 Posts
Maybe they will do a 6ghz limited edition. Just to be the first to 6ghz. :)

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
AM5/Zen4 Hackintosh build ideas?
Right now no one on this forum (or at least, no one without a non-disclosure agreement) knows any more than you do.

But...

Why? Lots of potential pain, and Apple are evidently moving away from x86-64 to their ARM64 architecture. Which, despite my dislike of Apple as a company, I have to say are extremely impressive. If they could get them to scale up well (rumours I've seen say the M1 silicon Mac Pro was delayed/killed because the chips don't scale all that well) then even high-end XCC multisocket systems will have a run for their money.

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
For a 7600X, curve optimizer + pbo is probably best, maybe higher powerlimits. I would aim for a B650 board with vrm heatsink, it will get the job done. If you go 79x0X then a beefier X670 may be better suited. Speaking from B450 and B550 even thr most basic B450 was more than good enough for overclocking a 3600X/5600X :)

·
Overclock the World
3,839 Posts
Right now no one on this forum (or at least, no one without a non-disclosure agreement) knows any more than you do.
It is not fine to tell frequency results on an non final sample.
But also 6GHz MCLK (DDR5) gear 1 ~ is not happening, that is my guarantee unless somebody lucks out near -20 to -40°

·
Registered
3,807 Posts
It is not fine to tell frequency results on an non final sample.
But also 6GHz MCLK (DDR5) gear 1 ~ is not happening, that is my guarantee unless somebody lucks out near -20 to -40°
Uh... what is or isn't fine to talk about when under an NDA is usually detailed in that NDA. I've had to work under enough of them myself that it is usually best to just completely avoid discussing it outside of meetings with approved parties.

Talking about clock speeds on non-final silicon is utterly pointless.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts