Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to build my own rig, which I will be using for Gaming, Audio, Video and Photo Editing and sometimes 3D modelling. My biggest problem is my budget. I haven't assigned a particular amount of cash for the mobo, but totally my budget is 1,400 $ (1,100 €). What do you thing would be best for me?

·
Registered
813 Posts
With your plan to do video/photo editing plus a tight budget.....I would go the route of X79 and purchase a chip with 6 cores/12 threads. You could find a 3930k and combine it with the Asus Sabertooth x79. You could also find Asus Rampage IV extreme or the RIVE Black Edition. Your really going to want to have those extra cores when doing video/photo/ and 3d modeling as you stated. Just my 2 cents. Good Luck.

·
Registered
1,104 Posts
Due to the "Video and Photo Editing and sometimes 3D modelling" I have to suggest you go with an X79 socket with either the 3930k or the 4930k. If you are deciding to use quadro cards or fire pro in sli/crossfire then I suggest that you get either the ASUS X79 Deluxe or the ASRock X79 Extreme 9 as they have more 16x PCI-E length slots to fit your cards in place. The X79 Extreme 9 comes with the ASRock Game Blaster Soundcard/ Ethernet card (broadcom) for teaming the Ethernet ports; you can basically call it a free Creative Recon 3D soundcard.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, it all sounds fine, but the CPUs you recommended are a little bit above my budget. Maybe I will buy a 4-core and upgrade to a 6-core later. Although I can't decide which of the 4-cores to buy. For the mobo and CPU I have a maximum of 750$ (600€). I want to buy a GIGABYTE N770OC-4GD as GPU. Please help

1 - 4 of 4 Posts